Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

4 Person ext table - Adelaide

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

I have finally worked out what type of dining table I want for my new unit (after seeing one at my sister in laws parents house), but now I can't find it anywhere. I am looking for a 4 person rectangle dining table that extends at either end not in the middle.

Does anyone know where in Adelaide I can buy one of these?

Thank you for all your help

Kristy
I think i have seen something similar a few months back in 'Modern Home' store at Mile End Homemaker centre.. not sure if they still have the stock, they were clearance sales at that time
I actually went in there today and asked, but they had nothing in that size. They have been unable to find anything they are willing to stock, but they are always looking apparently. I'll have to keep my eyes open!
This probably wont help you, but about 30yrs ago my mother bought one from LeCornu's when they had their store in North Adelaide. Extends at each end and it has been the 'best' table. I have it now, and will not be getting rid of it because of my renos.... just gonna sand top back and paint.

So, try LeCornu...you may be lucky!
Thanks stressed out, but I checked there and nope they no longer have anything like that, well that I could see. I was surprised how hard it is to find a brand new table. I did ring one place, but nearly died when they told me the price of the table. Just a small extension table was in the $5000's. Not entirely sure what it was made out of, but boy thats a little out of my budget lol.

I have found two on ebay secondhand that I am considering, which are exactly what I want, but in the wrong colour. As long as I can sand them back and restain in the colour I want I will bid on them... I am waiting to see what my brother thinks.
Found this table at Early Settler, my favourite store in Adelaide!!

http://www.earlysettler.com.au/furniture/Montrose

Not sure if extends from the ends, but it looks very similar to mine...give them a call. And they don't charge like wounded bulls!!
Also try Nick Scali, they have a few tables that extend at the ends.
Not sure exactly what look you're going for - but Ikea have that style of table.

Seems it's called a "drop-leaf" table - so that might help you in your searching

I love that table stressed out, but it doesn't extend as I checked...

Thanks esg I saw those tables at Ikea, but I would prefer that the leaves were hidden within the table.
Oh, i thought it did as the explanation said:

STYLISH & DURABLE WITH MODERN CONTEMPORARY LINES
Made from Rubberwood - which is an ecological renewable resource, this transitional range melds comfort and simplicity with graceful style. There is a small and large extension table with co-ordinating chairs, along with occasional pieces for the finishing touch in your home.

I probably read it wrong.
I'm not sure then StressedOut because I rang them and asked if they had any 4 person extension tabes and they said no. I might go in and have a look
Quote:
I'm not sure then StressedOut because I rang them and asked if they had any 4 person extension tabes and they said no. I might go in and have a look

Your right. I received their new catalogue yesterday. The table on it's own is only $149!! There is another extension table there called 'cognac' for only $499, but it may be too big for you. These prices are without the chairs, but very price effective!

Hope you find what you want!!
Hi Guys

Thanks for everyone's help.

I bought a table off ebay yesterday and it is being delivered on Thursday and it is exactly what I want, but it needs redoing in a nice dark colour and I think I will buy new chairs for it, maybe in a chocolate fake leather if I can find a good price for 4 - 6 chairs. I think by the time it is redone in a nice chocolate or walnut colour and has nice new or secondhand chairs with it, it will look fantastic.

Here it is:
Great!! Table is identical to mine except mine is square. You will never part with it, it is just the BEST table for useage!

When you have stained etc...please put up a pic, would love to see!!!
I will post a photo when I have done it up... It is already 40 years old they think and it still felt pretty strong... I can't wait to get it. $109 delivered inc chairs, absolute bargain!
Related
5/02/2024
Decking & Span Table

Outdoor Living

Hi, Really struggling to find some consistency amongst Span Tables, can anyone help…

24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum