Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

What timber look laminex did you use?

Page 1 of 1
We hd our heart set on using a timber look veneer from Laminex but just got our revised quote back today and we are looking at $4000 extra just for the base cabinets. We had chosen quite a dark colour.

Can you please share which timber look laminate you chose and include pictures if possible.

After the Kleenmaid debarcle we don't have a spare $4000!

Thanks
Andrea
We are considering Nocturne Oak but haven't got to the stage where we have photos:

http://www.laminex.com.au/images/sample ... %20oak.jpg
Stringybark as the kitchen bench back panel. (will be used with Stipple Hemp and Rock Salt (formica) for the cabinetry)
Smokey Sappelle for laundry and bathrooms and powder room. Considering changing some wet areas to Blackened Linewood.

No pics yet because we haven't started.
purpleninja
We are considering Nocturne Oak but haven't got to the stage where we have photos:

http://www.laminex.com.au/images/sample ... %20oak.jpg

We have nocturne oak on the wall cupboards :
Laminex Sublime Teak......STUNNING!
Gorgeous southies
We are having Laminex Timber Veneer Volterra Rigato in our kitchen, it's really dark. They put it in last week and (well in my opinion) it looks fantastic. However, for the laundry and bathrooms we are having the laminex Burnished Wood (timber look). Have to say as much as I love the kitchen I am really happy with the timber look in the other rooms. The builders are doing a bit of work this weekend, including painting, so if you are not it too much of a hurry I will take some photos next week for you (and for everyone else because I have been promising).
Our cabinet doors will be Polytech New Nepean Beech Matt (pity we didnt get an option for gloss and had a budget to stick to). Does anyone know if you can then just varnish over them yourself to get the glossy look?
Related
29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

1/03/2024
Polytec timber look galleries

General Discussion

Interested in getting either the Polytec Boston Oak or Palace Peak for kitchen cabinets. Looking at the Boston Oak ones, it appears that the colour varies significantly…

12/04/2024
Can you use plasterboard for window jambs, reveals, sills?

Windows & Doors

Plasterboard Gyprock is very popular as a reveal liner these days. You need to provide a way of supporting it, we use a modified timber reveal or bracket. You will be…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum