Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Can I use this for my kitchen cabinetry???

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this product and/or if it could be used for kitchen cabinetry (doors?).

http://www.marblo.com.au/marblo/colour- ... range.html

I've been trying to find something "different" for my kitchen...and had originaly just planned to go with gloss 2pac poly...but i came across this in a magazine, where it was backlit and used as wall panels...and thought it might be worth looking into!

Then again, might just be a stupid idea..
haha..any thoughts would be great!!

Thanks heaps,
Adam
Interesting material.

From a quick perusal of the specifications I don't think you would be able to hang (hinge) it without a frame or substrate.

There are plenty of aluminium extrusions on the market that will do the job of framing it but they will all be visible to some extent.

If you are considering backlighting as part of the look then a frame rather than a substrate would definitely be what is needed - LED edge lighting would be fun to do, but lots of work.

Happy to be proved wrong on this though...

Cheers,

Earl
Strumer
Interesting material.

From a quick perusal of the specifications I don't think you would be able to hang (hinge) it without a frame or substrate.

There are plenty of aluminium extrusions on the market that will do the job of framing it but they will all be visible to some extent.

If you are considering backlighting as part of the look then a frame rather than a substrate would definitely be what is needed - LED edge lighting would be fun to do, but lots of work.

Thanks for the reply Earl!

I'm meeting with a joiner tomorrow who we are probably going to use for all our joinery, so I'll run it by him and see what he thinks!!

I'll let you know anyway - I think it could potentially be a really stunning/unique look...but I guess I'll have to wait and see!
Related
14/06/2024
Cabinetry / Tiling / Painting

Building A New House

Thanks for this.. seems we are closer to the end that we realized.. just ours are in a different order it appears.

12/04/2024
Can you use plasterboard for window jambs, reveals, sills?

Windows & Doors

Plasterboard Gyprock is very popular as a reveal liner these days. You need to provide a way of supporting it, we use a modified timber reveal or bracket. You will be…

2/06/2024
Can I use plans purchased online....?

General Discussion

The plan (excuse the pun) ideally is to do just that and take the basic floor plans and elevations that we have bought and have a draftsman replicate them to comply prior…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum