Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
We're building a double-storey in Perth and I'm undecided with the kitchen sink situation.
I'm set on having the main sink with dishwasher in the scullery - and opposed to adding a sink to the island bench.
What do you think works best?

Option A - Built-in oven so small sink in main kitchen would be practical
Option B - Remove the wall at scullery entrance (if we can) and create an extended bench top.. shifting main sink higher into kitchen but still out of the way. Is it still 'too far' too be functional?
Option C - Same as Option A - if we decide on under bench oven

Thoughts on best placement? What would you do?

Before anyone questions the lack of windows: we have a triple garage built up against the scullery and will look to adding a solartube skylight at its entrance (above dotted line - as kitchen is single-storey end of home). We're also hoping to add highlight windows across entire length of back wall out to backyard/alfresco. Adding window backsplash is still an option.

Any other advice welcomed!

Thank you

B for me ... you don't want the door to be overlapping with the sinks working area ...
What is the distance between the island and the bench please?
Related
25/06/2023
Seeking Advice on Installing an Electric Gate with Intercom

Building A New House

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I'm looking for some advice regarding my house construction project in North Kellyville. I…

9/10/2023
Payment Structure Query in MBA Contract: Seeking Advice

Building A New House

There is no reason why building contract reconciliation cannot be done prior to handover, if the builder won't do it get someone to do it for you. Why would you pay for…

27/02/2024
Seeking advice for a backyard sunroom with a pergola/veranda

Renovation + Home Improvement

i think option 2 is much better with easy access to the garden without having to walk through the new sunroom which makes it a better room for guests and TV .a simple…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum