Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Pantry Shelves

Page 1 of 1
I'd like to improve the usability of my pantry but can't seem to remove the shelves easily. They seem to be permanently fixed. Any tips as to how to remove them please without destroying the whole cabinet?

Sorry I'm having problems uploading photos...

Photo 1

Photo 2
Oct
I'd like to improve the usability of my pantry but can't seem to remove the shelves easily. They seem to be permanently fixed. Any tips as to how to remove them please without destroying the whole cabinet?

Sorry I'm having problems uploading photos...

Photo 1

Photo 2

Easiest way to upload particularly if using a mobile is to click reply to your original post and then click the little camera icon up the top and directly upload a photo from your phone.

Sounds like your pantry has fixed shelves that will be screwed in from the back side.
Unfortunately no simple way to remove them without cutting them out.
Thanks I will try that next time.

Aha I think I see how the cabinet is screwed in... If I unscrew the cabinet, then I can lift it out, unscrew the shelves and then put it back together again. I think, maybe 😆
Basically.
If the shelves are fixed then they will be screwed in just the same as the rest of the carcass. To re move the screws you need to remove that section of carcass so you can access the screws. There will most likely be small nails as well. Hopefully it's not tongue and groove otherwise there will be big grooves machined in where the shelves are.
Depending on how hard it is to remove the section of carcass really dictates whether you pull it out or cut the shelves out. There are always going to be holes in the carcass where the existing shelves were nailed and screwed in place regardless of which way you go.
If the section of carcass comes out easily you could always get a new carcass made to the same size but no shelves or adjustable shelves where you want them and slip that back in instead of the old existing carcass.
Related
12/01/2024
Butlers Pantry Workflow

Kitchen Corner

I visited a relatives house and he went with sink in kitchen and butlers, dishwasher in kitchen and butlers and has crockery spread out between the two areas depending on…

5/05/2024
open shelf pantry

Building A New House

My open shelf pantry will be similar to below image with window. all appliances like rise cooker, dish washer will be in the…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum