Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Stone Waterfall "After" Flooring Install

Page 1 of 1
Our kitchen is being installed, then the hybrid flooring is going in, then the kickboards, then the stone bench tops and waterfall. Ideally we would have wanted the kitchen and stone to be installed, then the flooring, then the kickboards.

The kitchen installers say that they can draw a line to indicate where the stone waterfall will go and the floorers can then install up to that point, then the stone can go in, still with a good finish between the stone and the floor. Is that right? I'm worried about a gap between the two. To add to it, the flooring guys are adamant that the stone cannot go on top of the hybrid flooring as it may buckle under the weight. Any advice?
With a floating floor like hybrid, you actually want gaps at solid surfaces like walls and benchtops to allow for expansion and contraction of the flooring. Cover the gaps with scotia. Agree with your flooring guys that the stone should not sit on top of the flooring - it should sit on the concrete and then the flooring goes around it. Again, cover the gaps with scotia.
To be fair a scotia is what we are trying to avoid. It's almost the whole point of doing the flooring at the same time as the kitchen to avoid any after the fact bordering.
How did you plan to cover the necessary expansion gaps without using scotia?
Related
26/08/2023
Leftover Materials - Supply and Install

Building A New House

That's a fantastic result! Happy you got it sorted out. cheers Simeon

3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum