Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Max length for ducting - rangehood

Page 1 of 1
Hello

I am planning to install an undermount rangehood for my house. The rangehood will vent outside via 150mm flex ducting.

The closest outside point to the rangehood is 10m away and will require two 90deg bends.

I was looking at the Westinghouse WRI814BB which has an output of 750m3/h. I've read the installation manual and there is no limits published on max. duct length. My concern is that with 10m of flex ducting, the rangehood will not work to well, but I have no choice with outlet position and length.

I know how to calculate duct length from first principles, but I cannot find any fan curves either.

Has anyone installed a rangehood with similar ducting length? If so, what was the rated output of the rangehood and does it work effectively?

Or can anyone recommend some rules of thumb for this? Maybe I need to get a more powerful unit?
Related
7/05/2024
Which 90cm rangehood is better

Building A New House

Canopy and Undermount are best, and need to be ducted externally. Which one you go with will be largely determined by your design and joinery choices. What you should be…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum