Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Edging for absolute matte different colour

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone got or can anyone tell me if absolute matte edging is slightly different to the actual boards?

We have just had polar white in the absolute matte installed and the edging is a very stark white in comparison. The cabinet maker says that it is slightly different when it comes to absolute matte but isn’t the point in matching edging is so that it matches?

Unfortunately living in the country I can’t get into a showroom so was wondering if anyone has experience with this as we are really disappointed with how this looks.
Thanks
Rizzo
The edging should be very similar in colour.
Polar white is what I would call the most stark white that Laminex do so if they have used polar white board then they could not have got a more stark white matte edging. You can get absolute matte in polar white and white. Unless they used white board and polar white edging.
The edging is obviously a different material (ABS vs HPL) so there is a slight difference in the product but overall it should look very similar. The other thing is just being at 90⁰ to each other can make particularly whites look a different shade but when layed directly on top of each other in the same light they are the same.
chippy
@Rizzo
The edging should be very similar in colour.
Polar white is what I would call the most stark white that Laminex do so if they have used polar white board then they could not have got a more stark white matte edging. You can get absolute matte in polar white and white. Unless they used white board and polar white edging.
The edging is obviously a different material (ABS vs HPL) so there is a slight difference in the product but overall it should look very similar. The other thing is just being at 90⁰ to each other can make particularly whites look a different shade but when layed directly on top of each other in the same light they are the same.

Thanks chippy. They are going to come and take a look so will have to see what they say but if we had of known this was the result, I wouldn’t of done it.
Don’t know if you can see in these pics the difference.

Sorry for the sideways pics 😊
Pictures of melamines and laminates are very hard to fully capture colour variations.
It does seem to be different though.
It may be that the board is actually white rather than polar white and they have used polar white edging.
Do you have a sample of the polar white absolute matte? "Polar white" is stark cool white while "White" is a warm white. You will see a difference between them side by side immediately.
The other possibility is they have used a white edging or board from another supplier (Polytec) thinking that it was the same but is infact very slightly different. There are so many different whites from suppliers.
chippy
Pictures of melamines and laminates are very hard to fully capture colour variations.
It does seem to be different though.
It may be that the board is actually white rather than polar white and they have used polar white edging.
Do you have a sample of the polar white absolute matte? "Polar white" is stark cool white while "White" is a warm white. You will see a difference between them side by side immediately.

Yes and it matches the fronts of the cabinets whereas the edging matches the inside.
What we found from our samples is that the absolute matte polar white is actually a little different to the regular polar white, so I’m wondering if they have just used polar white edging not the absolute matte one if it’s different.
Related
11/11/2023
Window infill/ rendering over different substrates

General Discussion

yep you need a joint, foam is easiest, will look fine once rendered with a joint.

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

25/04/2024
Custom builder with different details in contract

Building A New House

Hi All, This is our second home build and first time with a custom builder. They are small builder and have built some houses with good quality. They tender and color…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum