Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Painting Kitchen

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Looking for some tips please. I am looking at refreshing our kitchen and I am thinking of making some new doors myself from MDF and other than polyurethane paint I cannot really think of anything else suitable for such a job. I used poly on an old kitchen a few years back and it came up an absolute treat, the wife really loved it and the finish was so much better than I could have ever imagined. This time though I'm trying to think of another paint (if it exists) that is hard wearing, high gloss finish that will spray on and adhere well to either MDF or Malamine board (only a maybe with the malamine). If there is such a paint what would it be? I know I can try and source more polyurethane paint but I
have moved since the last time I bought it and it's not as easy for me now so trying to think of other alternatives.... Pretty sure Bunnings would not have anything that suits this purpose?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Geoff
I guess no-one has painted their kitchen cabinets or after 334 views they don't want to share their experience
2 Pac polyurethane is the best product and is usually sprayed on. You have obviously DIY before but have you thought of just measuring all the panels and ordering them through Polytec.
They can even do your hinge boring, so if you are handy it's just a matter of removing the old doors and panels the replacing with the new ones.
i used mirotone acid cat lacquers

Related
14/07/2023
Painting Multifinish Plaster

Building A New House

Hi, Have used the Dulux 1 step, oil base on my walls(white set), out of can it’s already a more thinner product than a final coat paint Also in water base Water or…

5/03/2024
Painting Acrylic rendered retaining wall

General Discussion

Thanks mate, is there a standard off the shelf type breathable product I can apply DIY? Thanks

6/04/2024
Painting help please

General Discussion

Thanks will do.

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum