Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Cooktop on breakfast bar. Am i Crazy?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
I have just purchased a townhouse and looking to do some renovations before i move in.
I have been playing around with sketchup for a design for the new place and made the below.

I would like to leave the current sink where it it (I dont have to worry about the kitchen waste) but then im not too sure where to put the stove. The best look is on the breakfast bar. I know this is not typical to do here but i have seen some pictures, in the states, that have this done.

Am i missing something here? Is there a reason why i should not do this? Legislation?

Any feedback would be appreciated..

Thanks
It will make a bit of a splattery mess every time you cook. Your bench top also doesn’t look that big, will you have enough prep space? That said, I know people who have cooktops on islands and they seem to like it. Don’t forget a rangehood too.
Related
29/08/2023
Sandstone crazy paving quote

Landscape & Garden Design

I had 28m2 of engineered pavers laid six months back and it was difficult to find someone not taking the pi$$. Internet suggested it should be $85-100/m2 to lay them.…

20/01/2024
swivel bar towel holder

Bathrooms and Laundry

Please suggest a solid quality swivel bar towel holder in bathrooms & bedrooms from…

25/03/2024
900MM Cooktop over a 600MM built in oven

Building A New House

My daughter and son in law are about to start building, they are having a 600mm induction cook top and 900mm oven. It's personal preferance >

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum