Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Cooktop with integrated ventilation

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone

Our island bench will be quite big, so we are considering placing our cooktop on it.

I'm looking at cooktops with integrated ventilation. Does anyone have any experience with these? Is the extractor strong enough? I've always said that it needs to be strong enough to be able to cook steaks indoors and not have the house smell!!

https://www.binglee.com.au/miele-kmda-7 ... -extractor
Hi,

yes I can tell you a bit. In Germany these cooktops are the most popular as Germans like to cook "into the room".

The best Brand is BORA, the model which is the one to look for at the moment is the new X Pure. It has larger cooking zones than other models and brands. If you are a family the size of the cooking zones is what you have to look for.

The other thing is you need 3-phase power.

They work well, however if you use a taller pot you need to put a lid partially over it to direct the steam.

If you choose another brand, like Miele or any other by the BSH Group, the zones are a bit smaller and if you use big fry pans, you might not be able to put another pot on the same side. So, if you intend to buy, it helps if you take a fry pan to the showroom and try if your cookware fits.
Related
1/10/2023
Pest Proofing Ventilation gaps in brick veneer home

General Discussion

Brass fly wire, you will need to cut it, shape it and jam it into brick slots

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum