Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Frame for single oven

Page 1 of 1
Hi

We have just recently replaced a double oven with a single oven, but the new oven is not as wide as the old and couldn't be mounted to the cupboard. I'm thinking of building a frame for it and having a shelf above it. The gap on each side of the oven is around 60mm. Could something like this do?

Here, I'm using 70x35 (x6) for the frame and a piece of 18mm plywood across the top as a shelf. Because the sides are only 60mm wide, the bottom supports would be 70mm high. Is there a good way to screw them down? Or will it be a better idea to ask Bunnings to split 70x35 into 35x35s?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
I'm trying to work out exactly what you are trying to achieve.
If I'm reading correctly, you have a 60mm gap each side and then space above that you want to use as a shelf.
First thing, I wouldn't be using pine and ply. It will look ugly and need painting. You could easily use melamine board that will look clean and be easy to clean.
chippy
I'm trying to work out exactly what you are trying to achieve.
If I'm reading correctly, you have a 60mm gap each side and then space above that you want to use as a shelf.
First thing, I wouldn't be using pine and ply. It will look ugly and need painting. You could easily use melamine board that will look clean and be easy to clean.

That's right. Right now, it looks like this and the oven is too small to be mounted:

I just thought I'd use pine for the frame that holds the oven in place and the shelf on top. To cover the gaps, I was thinking of gluing aluminium strips onto the face. If not pine, what might be a good alternative?
Related
18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

30/12/2023
Identification of Oven Make and Model

Kitchen Appliances

Hi Chippy, no there isn't, gave it a really good look through and literally opened everything and checked all edges as well. Hence the question, just hoping someone would…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum