Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Benchtop Caesarstone versus Granite

Page 3 of 7
Oh and my bench is 40mm thickness
nemisis
Granite is 100 x better than Caeserstone.

I like CS, essa but thats just me. There are some Granites I love (like inamets)
but I just like CS.
Caeserstone contains carcinogens, the last time I checked carcinogens were toxic.

Where do you get Granite from? The Earth, natural, not man-made!!! Need I say anymore?
nemisis
Caeserstone contains carcinogens, the last time I checked carcinogens were toxic.

Where do you get Granite from? The Earth, natural, not man-made!!! Need I say anymore?

Well I highly doubt it would be on the market if it were harmful to the consumers.

My only concern with using granite is the staining compared to man-made stones available... with 3/4 kids i'm not sure if it will be right for us.
Is engineered stone toxic for food preparation areas?

I dont know. I just put out my opinion that I LIKE IT. If that upsets you then so be it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion as you had yours

TA
MrsGreen
My only concern with using granite is the staining compared to man-made stones available... with 3/4 kids i'm not sure if it will be right for us.

Seal it.
I would have thought a sealant would be just as harmful, lol.
I don't think it is any more toxic during certain stages of production than many materials involved in building a house.

So nemesis, you believe a white granite that is sealed should show no red wine stains from a glass sitting on it for roughly 12 hours?
I love the look of the river white granite... but given DH is a red wine drinker and we do a lot of entertaining...
I'd rather have red wine stains on my granite than some form of cancer in 10+ years.
I'll take the chance of more cancer and a stain free benchtop
nemisis

Uranium comes from the earth too...
Your choice. I'm personally not a fan of CS for the reasons I highlighted, what someone else does is up to them.
^ITA. I think someone on here once posted something like,'Recon stone is to stone what chipboard is to timber.' That sums it up for me.
That's not meant to offend anyone. Obviously if you love it, you love it.
Oh geez, everything is carcinogenic these days... If the caesar/essa stone doesn't kill you, something else will
Quote:

I'd avoid licking or eating it then
Rizzo
Oh geez, everything is carcinogenic these days... If the caesar/essa stone doesn't kill you, something else will

So true too
xquisite
'Recon stone is to stone what chipboard is to timber.'

Pretty much spot on there. In my eyes there is no substitute for stone.
Only recon stone is more expensive than many natural stones... but chipboard is peanuts compared to timber.
So from a financial point of view, there is disagreement.
MrsGreen
Only recon stone is more expensive than many natural stones... but chipboard is peanuts compared to timber.
So from a financial point of view, there is disagreement.

Err, this goes to show how good CS et al are at marketing...
Can't wait for the first lawsuit
Related
1/03/2024
Is it possible to put granite on top of tile?

General Discussion

ley me know if anybody know about this

1/04/2024
Holes in mitred edge of stone benchtop

General Discussion

Hi Courtney The mitred edges are glued up with epoxy so those little holes and gaps are areas that weren't filled correctly. Silicone is the wrong product to fill them…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum