Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

I don't get my dishwasher!!!

Page 3 of 3
I have a Nobel dishwasher and am very disappointed with its performance. However, I have done a few things to get around it.
Firstly if the timer is stuck, I just move it completely round a few times and it seems to then work for a while and saves quite a bit of money on repairs. It clears the mechanics of the timer from dust etc.
Secondly, for washing performance. Don't overload!!!! Also keep the dishwasher as clean as possible by doing some of the things below. Every month, run it empty and even use one of the dishwasher cleaners. I didn't have one and ran it anyway and this worked well on the subsequent washes. Sometimes the bottom of my dishwasher is greasy at the end which is absolutely gross! Have a look under the filter and the water left will probably be filthy as well. Clean this away every week by pouring a kettle full of hot water in the bottom of the dishwasher and running the first minute of the programs which empties out any leftover water from the previous cycle. For some reason there is always a little water which runs back into the dishwasher after the cycle completes. I think this is probably due to the way the hoses run out the back of the dishwasher. Keep all the spray arms free and make sure they all turn properly before starting the dishwasher. Always use a good quality detergent and always, always use rinse aid. That's it. I hope this helps.
Hey grace_slick!
Another thought on the pressure thing. I used to live in a place with only rain water and no town water and the pressure was hopeless. When I bought my dishwasher for that house, I purchased a Bosch as it was the only one that filled up with water in the correct manner for low pressure situations. Most dishwashers fill up by letting in water for a certain length of time so if your water pressure is low then it will only fill up for the same length of time as a high water pressure area. The dishwasher doesn't know the difference. The Bosch one had a reservoir which it filled up a couple of times and dumped the water into the dishwasher and would only start then. It meant the dishwasher always worked with the correct amount of water in it.
Don't give up on the idea of having one. Sorting out the problem will be a godsend in the end!
Hmm...that pressure thing makes sense, yeah. I assume though that any washer that only uses cold water and then heats it up itself will get around that issue, in my case anyway, as my cold water pressure is fine. It's just the hot that seems very weak.

In any case, this weekend we're going to Harvey Norman and The Good Guys and we're bringing one of our standard dinner plates along, and we're gonna pick one. WOO HOO!

I went into HN just after Christmas and was looking at some models, and some looked SO small, like very short. One of the sales guys there said some 12 piece setting ones won't actually fit a full size dinner plate in it properly, even with the upper rack raised. WHAT THE!?
Just a happy update...

My new Dishlex dishwasher is in and works perfectly!!! We tested a small load on the Quick 30 cycle and SPOTLESS!!! SPOTLESSSSSSS!

*jumping around with glee*
very happy for you grace_slick. enjoy your new dishwasher.
Thank you, Donuts, I will!
rjweddell
The ceapest Miele is around $1299 from memory but well worth the investment. Miele is the same price where ever you buy it as stores are an agent for meile not re-sellers.

We are looking at buying a Miele oven, and found that all the retail shops say the same thing, they are acting as agents, not retailers! Surely this should be brought to the attention of the ACCC? Is anyone able to say how they get away with this?
Related
31/01/2024
Bosch dishwasher

General Discussion

I am installing a new Bosch SMU4HTS01A built under dushwasher. I have 2 questions. What is the function of the metal strip about 500mm long x 60mm wide the tell you to…

3/11/2023
How hot/cold does a sunroom get?

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Depends how much direct sun it gets. Is there any shading (eaves or trees)? If the sun hits a window directly it doesn't matter too much if it's double or single…

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum