Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Recommend a dishwasher please

Page 2 of 2
I would personally forgo half the kitchen to have a Miele dishwasher. First dishwasher we bought was a Miele (10 years ago), the third cutlery draw is a must have, cleans allot better and much easier. As the patent ran out only a few years ago it is now available on other brands such as Bosch.
For those Bosch lovers, what model have you got? We're looking at buying a Bosch brand that washes really well, doesn't leave watermarks and leaves dishes relatively dry. Maybe one that isn't too loud as well would be grand!

Do any of those Bosch's out there meet this criteria?
I have been looking at the Bosch dishwasher as well. Don't know if it wise to get the top of the range model which is about $2k.
We have an ASKO and I love it, everything comes out sparkling clean, it's very quiet and efficient too.
There is a build under and freestanding dishwashers. Which one should I be getting? What's the difference?
I think it depends what you want? A more expensive one may not have some things that a cheaper one has.
Let me know what you choose ca6leguy
Very interesting topic as we are also deciding on what brand to go for. We are renting while we are building and recently had to have the F&P dishwasher replaced after it came up with errors and it was going to be too expensive to get fixed. The owners replaced it with a Dishlex and the guy who installed it and who works on lots of dishwashers suggested that in his opinion you should never spend to much $$ on a dishwasher as they really don't last. He suggested to go for a good middle of the range one. They put in a basic Dishlex in the rental and he said it it fine, but would go for the next model up.
While I usually associate white appliances with cheap, I purchased a white Asko dishwasher which matches and integrates well with my white 2 pac kitchen very well.

At $899 it's not expensive. I think the S/S version is $100 more.

For some reason (I think) it doesn't look cheap and I'm a little over stainless steel and the fingerprints.

It's just the entry level Asko. I purchased the same one 6 months ago for my old house and was satisfied enough with it to purchase another for my new house. It works well enough, although not noisy I wouldn't say it's quiet. More importantly it comes out clean.

I also throw the tablet in the bottom.

If (value for) money wasn't an issue, I'd get a high end Miele. The entry level Miele looks a little cheap to me.

the best dishwashwr that are the most ecology firendly are those that produce a little foam
I'm pretty sure we have this one:

http://www.bosch-home.com.au/appliances ... rce=browse

We are happy enough with it that we have it in storage at the moment and will be putting it in the new house when it's built. We're in a rental now and I miss my dishwasher!!

I like the upper cutlery tray and it is very quiet. We had a noisy "Haier" before the Bosch and we were very surprised how quiet the Bosch was!
Great suggestions and advice on this thread.
I married my dishwasher and she's doing great.....!

When we move though I think ill trade her for an Asko. Heard really good reviews. The entry level has gone up to $1099

Can't seem to find any that have both a hot and cold water connection. Even ones that you can connect to hot water only are hard to find.

Reason being is that with solar hot water, the hot water is already there for free, yet most dishwashers that only take cold water have to then heat that water up to the right temperature, which only adds to your electricity bill.
Miele can connect to hot water only. Not sure about others.

bpratt
Can't seem to find any that have both a hot and cold water connection. Even ones that you can connect to hot water only are hard to find.

Reason being is that with solar hot water, the hot water is already there for free, yet most dishwashers that only take cold water have to then heat that water up to the right temperature, which only adds to your electricity bill.

Yes but they heat the water up to a higher temp than most house system supply.
CuttingEdgeKitchens
Yes but they heat the water up to a higher temp than most house system supply.

Not when you take out the tempering valve with a ET solar system.

Even with a tempering valve, the starting temperature is at least 50 degrees, so it won't take that much energy to lift it another 40 to 90+ degrees, whereas cold water is usually between 18-25, the temp has to be raised by at least 65 degrees.
I would highly recommend getting a Miele. Yes the initial outlay is a bit more than some other brands but well worth it in my opinion. I have had mine for over 10 years and it still looks new and runs beautifully, has never broken down once, it's lovely and quiet, and I just love the cutlery drawer.
Related
31/01/2024
Bosch dishwasher

General Discussion

I am installing a new Bosch SMU4HTS01A built under dushwasher. I have 2 questions. What is the function of the metal strip about 500mm long x 60mm wide the tell you to…

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

7/08/2023
Kitchen Quote advice please!

General Discussion

I was being kind to the builder. With the amount charged for the upgrade the builder is probably charging closer to 100% margin. There are a few variables as I…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum