Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Links- Benchtops

Page 2 of 4
What a great list!

Thank you!
I work with Caesar Stone, Quantum Quartz, Smart stone, Essa Stone and many others. Reconstituted Stone is the new way. Marbles and granites are old fashioned these days
Not too sure I agree with that Modern Marble…..I’ve had quite a few people request Granite of late.

To me reconstructed stone is not as popular these days, granite and marbles are making a come back.
That's my personal opinion. I prefer recon.. I like to have control of the consistency of a product

Granite this year has definitely made a come back, though still 75% of our work is recon. Where last year 90% was recon.
Very helpful info/links thanks!

While where talking about benchtops does anyone know of any good suppliers for residential Stainless Steel Benchtops?

Particularly in Sydney area?
I have a question. We have just had our new kitchen put in and the benchtop, Diamond Gloss "Pure Mineralstone", is full of depressions. It's as though the thing has been hit by a hundred golf balls! Any advice? I of course pointed it out to the cabinet maker who said it was a normal thing, caused by the glue, it would be gone in 12 months. Sounds fishy to me.
keebs
I have a question. We have just had our new kitchen put in and the benchtop, Diamond Gloss "Pure Mineralstone", is full of depressions. It's as though the thing has been hit by a hundred golf balls! Any advice? I of course pointed it out to the cabinet maker who said it was a normal thing, caused by the glue, it would be gone in 12 months. Sounds fishy to me.

Doesnt sound right. Do you have any pictures?
anyone has any recommendation of engineered stone company for kithchen bench tops in Perth?
CC101, try http://www.caesarstone.com.au, many builders in Victoria use this company.
http://www.essastone.com.au is another very popular one.
hi all, the width of our caesarstone island benchtop is only 750mm - I only realized when we signed the home contract. We just moved in last December and I'm thinking of extending the width to another 100mm or 200mm maybe. Not sure if anyone did the same thing and how does the joint look like, is it too obvious? If we replace the whole caesarstone benchtop it will be more costly. appreciate your opinion. thanks.
If you look at Erin's thread she has a separate narrow piece installed directly onto her wider bench forming a breakfast bar type setup.
hi All
my kitchen bench is 2460 mm long and 900 mm wide with 600mm cupboards underneath and 300mm overhang. I had many quotes for 20 mm thick stone. One stone mason mentioned that 300mm overhang part is a little bit much for a 20mm thick stone. The stress resistance of the material would be on the limit. He said we can avoid the problem with a substrate. In this case the cabinetmaker need to install a melamine all around on the kitchen bench and that we should have a 40mm miter edge everywhere to hide that melamine. Only one stone mason had above concern and no one else mentioned that. Will appreciate any opinion / help on this.
CC101
hi All
my kitchen bench is 2460 mm long and 900 mm wide with 600mm cupboards underneath and 300mm overhang. I had many quotes for 20 mm thick stone. One stone mason mentioned that 300mm overhang part is a little bit much for a 20mm thick stone. The stress resistance of the material would be on the limit. He said we can avoid the problem with a substrate. In this case the cabinetmaker need to install a melamine all around on the kitchen bench and that we should have a 40mm miter edge everywhere to hide that melamine. Only one stone mason had above concern and no one else mentioned that. Will appreciate any opinion / help on this.

has anyone had any bad experience with such a long bench with 300mm hang and 20mm thick stone?? Any help will be appreciated.
CC101
CC101
hi All

has anyone had any bad experience with such a long bench with 300mm hang and 20mm thick stone?? Any help will be appreciated.

leni, cuttingedgekitchens,Michelle or any one else - any suggestions please.
CC101...you should start your own thread and ask about it. This really is a thread I started with links only, not conversation.

Start your thread with the question and maybe cutting edge will see it.

By the way, I suggest colours how they are applied and in what length is up to the kitchen supplier, so I can't help you, sorry.
Not to be a pain, but can you fix up the links in the first post? thankyou muchly!
I found a fantastic site that supplys granite and quartz worktops and cut offs.

http://www.thegranitehouse.co.uk/

Hope this helps people
MR2
Not to be a pain, but can you fix up the links in the first post? thankyou muchly!

I'm not getting a lot of reply emails from the forum.....which links? If they are not working then maybe the company has made changes to their website?
Michelle
MR2

I'm not getting a lot of reply emails from the forum.....which links? If they are not working then maybe the company has made changes to their website?

The Parbury & ceaserstone links in the first page don't work
DONE......

Thank you for letting me know, I'll check through the rest later.
I've just added Polytec as well
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum