Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Aquanamel vs Solagard. How much paint - 1 litre or 2 litres.

Page 1 of 1
Got a small door/window painting job coming up, and I'm tossing up materials and quantity.
Some of these doors are going to get some sun so I need to paint them in a sun-proof material. And worst of all, my wife is insisting on black, which will probably be more affected by the sun. But as doors, they are also going to take some knocking so any paint needs to be tough.
So I'd like to know:
1. Should I use aquanamel or solaguard (or equivalents)?
2. Do I need 1 litre or 2 litres?

Any other advice on this?

Cheers.

but late for a reply, but for future visitors reference, a 100% acrylic gloss exterior is the best thing to use in this example, as black enamels, even water based will go chalky.
so your options are prepackaged black solagard or weathershield, or a dark tinted taubmans sunproof.
Related
18/04/2024
Minimum 100,000 litre water tank

Building A New House

As is per usual for many of the past failed RWH regulations, it is probably traceable to a bureaucrat who's ego overrode the need to seek the appropriate expert…

3/12/2023
How much damage to a house before insurance decide to settle

General Discussion

I thought this would be a popular question but I haven't been able to find any similar posts. Perhaps I'm wording my searches wrong? When you have car insurance and the…

29/01/2024
Do floor to ceiling tiles ad much resale value

Building A New House

They make the room much easier to clean for one, reflect more light (if light colour tiles are used), and you dont end up with dust on the top edge of tiles (cause most…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum