Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Massage Room Colour - Help

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Ceiling /Cornice - white
Walls - feature wall dulux warm neutral full strength, other walls yet to be painted
Skirting / Architrave - nil
Windows / Reveals / Frames - wood blinds
Exposed Beams - nil
Doors - white
Window Treatments - currently wooden blinds but plan to add curtains (colour unsure)
Flooring - Carpet - dark grey with flecks
Lighting - dimmable downlights

I am needing help with the colour of the other walls. I would like a colour that goes well with the warm neutral. I was initially thinking going all neutral colours but it was suggested to me maybe go a pale blue shade as I want that warm relaxing beachy feel when you walk into the massage room(having the warm neutral as the sand aspect) I currently have beach pictures on the wall in silver frames. These pictures are on the feature wall. The furniture is shelving/cupboards (beech/dark grey). The sun hits the room in the afternoon.

My husband suggested pale lilac quarter. I dont mind the look of vanilla ice or silver sweet pea. What other colours would work well in relation to blue.

I am also open to suggestions of a neutral lighter colour. I was looking at sandy day. Others are seed pearl, ecru half

Thanks
Seed Pearl and Ecru Half are quite neutral colours trending ever so slightly on the green side. A slightly warmer version of the Ecru Half would be Hog Bristle Half.

A lovely light neutral colour is Dulux Soft Suggestion. This is warm and would really complement the Warm Neutral. I would guess it is about 4 times lighter, or similar to Hog Bristle Half in terms of strength. Colour chips are hard to find for Soft Suggestion but are usually in the Designer range of chips.

Near the beach...If going for a blue, I suggest using a colour depth no lighter than the Warm Neutral so the room isn't too contrasting at least in terms of colour depth. Check Dulux Wild Clary or Surf N Dive. They are quite adventurous and hopefully complement a relaxing feel.

Although your ceilings and cornices are white you may want to consider deepening them a fraction such as Natural White or Antique White USA to reduce starkness. But I don't blame you if you want to keep ceilings as is to reduce the effort!!
Related
22/02/2024
Living room help

Interior Decorating Lounge

Can anyone help with the layout of my living room, it seems that no matter what I do it never looks right. I have an awquard kind of l shape with 2 doors, bay window and…

27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

18/08/2023
Tv Fireplace placement in large lounge room

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, My first post, we are building a house and can’t decide the layout of the lounge room. We have a large N/W facing window and are wanting to have a wood slow…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum