Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Wall colour when your tiles are not white

Page 1 of 1
First time using a forum so here we go. My husband and I are trying to find a new internal wall colour for our house (Nice @ light - QLD). We have tiles that basically look like the ECRU colour. What is confusing us is the correct path to take when trying to determine a new wall colour. We don't intend to change the trim colours on the walls/windows as they are in perfect condition (a very typical cream colour). Our current colour basically matches the trims so there is no contrast. We would like to add a colour that we can put around the whole house that will add some contrast but match in with the tiles. The question I have is do we go a darker colour like Oyster Linen or do we go lighter given that the tiles are an Ecru colour already? We tried a babbling stream (Taubmans) colour but it appears to be too blue and may be cold. There is a nice Pebble Bay (Taubmans) but this looks very similar to the tile. Does this matter or should we be trying to contrast more e.g. a really deep colour or a lighter colour like China White??? Help!
go to ur paint shop, ask to see the dulux master pallete fandeck, find the colour which closest matches your tiles then move outwards towards the lighter shades until you are happy with what you see.
I suggest ecru 25% if you are certain it matches ecru.
Related
14/04/2024
White based tiles for both Indoor living & Outdoor Alfresco

Building A New House

thanks. the above one is white Mat tiles and have gripness so going for this Mat tiles for both indoor and outdoor. Beaumont told it can be used in both indoor and…

8/07/2023
Variation in white tile colour

Renovation + Home Improvement

Looking for advice on whether this variation in tile colour is acceptable. The large tile on the left was used in my main bathroom renovation 1 year ago. My ensuite…

4/09/2023
Newly Installed Aircon Not Sitting Flush with the Wall

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

The unit normally clips into a metal plate screwed to the wall, either plate is not flush, or unit not hooked in and could be hanging from the pipes partly, either might…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum