Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Interior paint selection help please

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone.
This is my first post after getting a lot of great info from other peoples posts and questions .
We are about to build a new house and have settled on almost all aspects except two or three final things. I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on our colour choice for internal walls. We are going with natural colour engineered bamboo flooring and are trying to settle on the colour to match. http://www.ecofusionflooring.com.au/index.php/bamboo/
We quite liked Solver Parchment in a display home we saw, but were wondering if it would go well with this flooring. Some other colours we like are Spirit Grey, Dhimba, and Tulip White (all solver).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Mike
Anyone? Trying to nail this down by Prestart on Monday. Any comments appreciated.
Sorry I will not be any help as I went vivid white on frames and skirting and natural white everywhere else. The premise being that we add colour. Floor colour wise I have Crema Marfil (light creamy beige) down stairs and Walnut colour wood upstairs.

Not sure if that helps.
Based on the web images, out of the colours listed I think I'd go with parchment, but personally would think more along the lines of half-strength parchment to give a bit more contrast.

I think the main thing is to get the grey vs yellow balance right. It's not that easy to tell from the photos, but the natural bamboo product has a moderate warmth to it, so I wouldn't put it with a cool grey like Spirit Grey.

With the other colours, I'd put samples up against the boards. Tulip White is a bit cooler than Parchment, and may work well if the flooring is that bit greyer.
Thanks AussieMark and oneJohn.

Comments appreciated. Unfortunately I didn't get back to this thread before prestart. We ended up going with Dhimba. We thought it might be the safer choice and also went well with the tiling and carpet selections we had made. Cheers.
Related
26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

20/04/2024
Colour Selection: Comments / Feedback

Building A New House

I am building Enfield 201 by Mimosa Homes - York Facade Link: https://www.mimosahomes.com.au/new-homes/enfield-201/ I did my colour appointment last week. I am looking…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum