Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

White window frames.. on a dirt road..

Page 1 of 1
Hi there

I'm finding that choosing colours is the worst part of building a house!
After months of looking around I've decided I like Grey and white together.
It's a nice contrast without being too in your face like black and white.
(although I'm thinking that colour scheme for my fancy ensuite!
)

We're building a steel frame rural house on a dirt road with colourbond exterior.

I'm just after advice from anyone that lives on a dirt road and has white window frames.
Would you do it again? Do they show the dirt a whole lot more than black?

Cheers
For a typical gravel road, I'd expect white to show the dust less than black would, in the same way that it tends to show up less on a white car than a black car. However, with bigger contrasts in the colour scheme, it may overpower the effect of dust more.
Great colour scheme! I think grey and white for a home absolutely goes together well. When you look at a glance, your white window frames should be alright. However, when you look closely you will of course see dust and dirt on it. If it bothers you, my advice is to wipe your window frames regularly. Black window frames will show more dirt than white ones.
Thank you both for your replies! I really appreciate it. I now feel confident in my decision
for Windspray for the walls with Surfmist trims (gutters etc)
Now just wondering if I pay the extra and get Windspray for the roof or stick with zincalume...
Pay the extra for he roof. Zinc will cheapen the look completely.

Related
29/03/2024
Certification for glazing and aluminium window/door frames

Windows & Doors

For your reference Performance Labels: Window assemblies in housing, except timber windows, must be labelled so the label can be seen when it is in situ. For timber…

7/05/2024
insulation/filler for gaps in window frames

Building A New House

yes that window needs a header, good pick up

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum