Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Render Colours - another one asking for help please!

Page 1 of 1
Narrowed down option as per latest post. Appreciate your inputs.
Anyone?
Your surfmist is too yellow looking. But overall, I think the contrast is a bit too high with the charcoal. And you're mixing a cool greay (shale) with a warm grey (dune) which i don't think works.
d@n
Your surfmist is too yellow looking. But overall, I think the contrast is a bit too high with the charcoal. And you're mixing a cool greay (shale) with a warm grey (dune) which i don't think works.

Thanks d@n. The surfmist in the pic is the shade that comes from Colorbond using Sketchup.

Out with the shale grey and dune mix then.

How about the other options?
Hi, like d&n I think the contrast with the charcoal is too much with the other much lighter colours. Have you seen basalt? A nice grey, darker than shale grey...might be worth a look. It's one of the new colourbond colors.
Treeseachanger
Hi, like d&n I think the contrast with the charcoal is too much with the other much lighter colours. Have you seen basalt? A nice grey, darker than shale grey...might be worth a look. It's one of the new colourbond colors.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Yes have seen Basalt but being a new colour I haven't seen it used as a render yet. We saw the charcoal used as a render on a display home. But definitely will look into Basalt. I'll upload a revised color scheme and see what you guys think.
I was actually thinking of perhaps Basalt as the the garage door, gutters, and Shale grey as main render? if you keep the charcoal as feature render...Even basalt on the roof? Have a play around....
Treeseachanger
I was actually thinking of perhaps Basalt as the the garage door, gutters, and Shale grey as main render? if you keep the charcoal as feature render...Even basalt on the roof? Have a play around....

Hi there! We originally wanted to have basalt as the roof, however, the estate fencing will be Colorbond Grey Ridge which is close to the Basalt's color, sigh!
Choice made. Thanks to those who replied.
Option 1 - because lighter roof is supposed to be better for not getting too hot.

Also you're close to the beach so if seagulls poop on your roof it is less noticeable on surf mist (something we're noticing in our area).

I would then choose dark/ charcoal coloured pavers which will not show oil marks as noticeably as light pavers.

I think as a "graphic" option 2 looks better.... but I've seen option 1 in real life and I think it looks really good.
Also consider what colour your window frames will be. White will look good with these combos.
Thanks joyfulbuilder! Window frames will be in pearl white. The pavers we have choses are grey with charcoal border.
With the pavers, they may be shaped like a V going towards the road. Check that as that is what we were told we "had to have". If that is something you are going to "fix" later so it is straight, your tradie will need to pull up the border pavers to correct it.
seabreezewaikiki
d@n

Thanks d@n. The surfmist in the pic is the shade that comes from Colorbond using Sketchup.

Out with the shale grey and dune mix then.

How about the other options?

i have seen a dune render with shale grey roof and surfmist guttering and it looks fantastic !

we have chosen shale grey roof with solver mouse and dune feature wall. i bought some paint and did some boards so i will post a pic, the colours really compliment each other
Related
28/05/2024
Builder asking money outside contract

Building A New House

Yeah sorry man, thats always been my fear during this first time build.. we have literally just hit lockup as-well, so ive been praying for no issues. Our mortgage /…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum