Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

white white and white can't decide

Page 1 of 1
I know this topic has been done to death but I just can't pick an off white colour to repaint my house. I have a sample of antique white usa and found that it is a bit dull in my house. I also have a sample of natural white (dulux) that is a bit too white. Any ideas for a warm white with a bit of life to it if that makes any sense?
USA is lighter than it looks ...
saint mike the usa looks great in some of my house and not so good in other areas.
What kind of base for your white do you want- warm whites have yellow or reddish ochre tonings in them.
Hmm was thinking maybe a slight beige tinge to it
Try dulux beige royal, dulux white duck at half or quarter strength. Also dulux whispher white, its lovely and has slight grey undertone which is very neutral and modern. Its warmer than natural white.
I have beige royal quater with natural white doors skirts and archs. Had the same issue trying to pick. Changed my mind at least 3 times.Very happy with the outcome. Good luck choosing it deffinately is a difficult decision.
I agree the natural white is a bit lighter once painted on.
Seconding Dulux Whisper White, very soft grey, not too cool, pops nicely against pure white ceilings and moulding.
We also had the same dilemma, as in our house is very open plan and white! Needed some warmth to the walls. So....after many, many sample pots
, we opted for grand piano quarter......love it! Is a nice contrast with my natural white trims.
We are using Ghosting in quarter strength (dulux), it's a warm white with a soft grey undertone.
thanks for the suggestions. Looks like i'm going back to the paint store to get more sample pots
You will also off-set the walls etc with your furniture and wall hangings. As I said above I use the KISS principle - and in years to come am generally happy I did. Fads and fancies always go out of fashion.
Buff it 1/4 is lovely
Vanilla quake is lovely in 1/2 or 1/4 strength, I went through a load of sample pots and finally settled on this
Related
3/12/2023
How much damage to a house before insurance decide to settle

General Discussion

I thought this would be a popular question but I haven't been able to find any similar posts. Perhaps I'm wording my searches wrong? When you have car insurance and the…

28/09/2023
If a Builder is taking deposits and not getting DBI how can

General Discussion

Thanks. I called VBA today and they said it was a Consumer Affairs issue, the old handball. Seems like the government organisations don't want to do their job at the moment.

20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum