Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

External House Colours

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
We're building a house, and we're agonising over the external facade colours. It's harder that I thought!
Anyway, we'd like to get your advice on the facade, please. Here's the link.

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p722/ihatejunkemail/Facade153PorcelainPinkMonumentManorRed_zps5002381f.png

Bricks are Daniel Robertson 153 blend
Roof is asphalt shingle IKO dual black
Facade colour is Dulux porcelain pink
Gutters and gable barges are Dulux Monument
Windows are Dulux Manor Red
Soffits will be white or variant
Stonework veneer will be bluestone or the blend shown.
(The front door is to the right of the narrow 10 pane feature window)

Any comments are welcome, whether positive or negative. Particularly with the render colour, and the highlights on the gable barges and around the dormer window. We've got no idea with colour, but thought we'd get expert advice from the forum!

Thanks in advance!
First impression was I didn't like the render colour. Manor red for the windows i'm also not sure. I would look at a contrasting colour rather than something to blend with the bricks. Bluestone is generally a cool tone colour which doesn't go with your warm colours.
Thanks d@n. I really appreciate the feedback. I had a lot of trouble choosing the render colour - do you have any suggestions from the Dulux pallet? And there's not many choices for the powder coat - I wanted it to look as wood like as possible. Would Headland be a better choice? Reading it again, are you suggesting a contrasting colour for the windows, or the render? So the windows stand out. Might make sense! Probably right about the bluestone - I was planning on cutting the bluestone veneer myself, since my Uncle has a heap of experience with cutting stone - he's just built his house from bluestone - but I might look in the stone shop for sandstone or the like. Thanks for the advice!
Contrast for the windows is what I was referring to. eg monument to match the gutters & roof.
Headland for render is too red for me.... but this is all personal opinion. Would prefer to see warm neutrals such as; (Dulux) Warm Grey, Belongil Beach, Melville Island etc. Best to get some sample pots and test paint.

Instead of bluestone, you could try a sandstone or possible use the same render on the bottom.
Thanks d@n. I actually meant Headland for the window trim, if Manor Red wasn't ideal. Sorry to be confusing! I'll take your advice on the window trim, and probably go either monument or sandbank, not red-ish. I only wanted red for a faux-wood look. Sandstone - yep, I prefer it. I wonder how easy it is to cut! Thanks for the advice.
Does anyone else have an opinion? Please?
I'd go monument windows too, then a grey for the render, to pick up the bluestone
Please change the color of the windows of that house.
Related
5/02/2024
Provincial style hone external colours

Building A New House

The Dulux colour consultants are awesome. If you show them the photos they should be able to figure it out for you straight away

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum