Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Yellow House with red door and hightlights

Page 1 of 1
Hello All

I am about to move house in a week or two and it needs a lot of TLC... First will be painting interior, then moving onto exterior. I have been thinking about exterior colours and I really like the yellow house with the red door look, with red windows frames, pergola etc. I have been googling images and there a few ideas, but not a lot. Has anyone done this?

I quite like the Wattyl Tuscon Stone for the walls (deep orange/yellow colour) with either Dulux Red Box or Red Stop for veranda and window frames..

This is my new house:

and rear (the bar, gazeba etc will be gone when I move in)

I would then grow vines up the verandah. What do you think?
It would be great! I went on the Dulux website colourwall to see what the colours were and both of them are gorgeous. When the vine is up it will look very dramatic but inviting.
Hi, fitnhealthy
- I dont know answer to your question but just being nosy - didn't you build a brand new unit on this forum before? - have you sold that and decided to move into a house on larger block instead?
You are correct Helyn, I have just sold my cottage I built and move into the new old house on this Friday. I wanted privacy, a large block my dog, vegie garden and fruit trees, plus I will now be closer to my family, which will be nice, 15 min drive instead of 1hr 30 mins...

You have a great memory
Amadio, sorry I missed your comment, but thank you for checking the colours for me. I will paint a square on the back of the house to test, but great to get advice as this will be quite a dramatic change for me.
Related
18/11/2023
level the ground with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB boa

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi guys, I want to do some floor levelling before laying the planks and am considering doing it with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB board. I am wondering which one…

18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum