Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

The Facade Thread!!!

Page 1 of 7
Hi guys i thought i would start this thread as there is alot of forum users out there after ideas and different colour combinations for their facade.

So please post up your photos, sketches or elevations of your Facades and show them off to us all

Who wants to get the ball rolling......
I'd love to, but I still dont even know what OPTIONS I have for my facades, let alone the different prices. Oh the joys of building from a brand new range of homes where not everyone has all the info!!!
Oh wow a new design hey.... well atleast you will be one of the first to build it. Who are you building with?
I have two issues with mine - where to render and also the fact that its raised as Im a little concerned that until the garden etsbalishes it will look odd

Our bricks are Hawthorne Tan and our render is Earth Kiss by Bristol. Roof tiles are black, gutters and facias are Loft. Cant remember windows at the moment

ETA: Our roof line has changed a little, as our designer designed a roof that cant be made
Looks great Bam. With your render i think it will look good as per the elevation, brickwork around the Garage and the rest of the Facade Rendered. Looks like you haveing some stacked stone on the entry pillars have you chosen that yet?
The recessed window on the far right is supposed to be brickwork too, so just the protuding three windows rendered. Yes, stackstone on pillars... as for what colour
We will probably check this place out http://www.slatediscounts.com.au/index.asp
Im a very visual person, so cant picture what anything will look like
Id be hopeless at project building and needing to pick everything straight away. I like the fact that I can pick as we go

Oh, and I know the plans say Regency Windows in Cream but thats wrong
Our house is completed. We went for a mainly white scheme as we wanted the timber at the front of the home to be the feature.

Roof - Surfmist
Front Walls- Surfmist
Garage door - Woodland Grey
Windows - Woodland Grey
Rear Walls (you can just see them) Wattyl -Rock Oyster

Cheers Lou
^ Is that weatherboard?? I really like the overall look, modern yet different
Bam
^ Is that weatherboard?? I really like the overall look, modern yet different

Thanks Bam we used Hardies Stria, as we were building on a hill we used light weight materials.

Cheers Lou
Your house is really nice Lou
Here's mine,
Are those feature stone columns there Katherine
noice
suh
Are those feature stone columns there Katherine
noice

The fake stuff but yep they are feature stone columns. I was a little worried they would date the house too quickly but ended up deciding to go ahead.
They look nice, and I'm the type to go with what you love
Hi. We're building the Memphis 26 with EB with the tradional facade. Its supposed to look something like this

We will have a dark tiled roof and light coloured bricks.

Cheers
Hi all, would love some advice on my facade but am having trouble attaching a pic, maybe I'm not doing it right??
This is the facade we will be having but still unsure about what to do with it. I like 'carlisle' austral bricks, and will probably have a woodgrain garage door and a dark roof. But I'm worried it will still look a bit plain?? Want something that will look a bit special but not too costly

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I love your facade Selina!!!
Thanx nettie.b, so do I
Selina love the facade. What about a mixture of bricks and render, maybe bricks around the Garage and render the rest of the front with some stacked stone on the front 4 pillars or you could even do these in your brick. That would look pretty cool but depends on your budget. I like the bricks btw.
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

5/07/2023
Facade Parapet Moulding

Building A New House

Agree, Riviera from Clarendon looks beautiful. I've seen one with a light-colored bricks and just a bit of molding (in my neighborhood). It's definitely overpriced. I'm…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum