Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Can I have your opinions & advice pls with final colours?

Page 1 of 1
So we've recently picked all our colours and we're signing off on final decisions soon. This is what we're going with so far:

Splash Back - Chocolate Porcelain tile 600 x 600 with matching grout
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/karry327/Misc062copy.jpg

Bench Tops - Peace Stone Laminex (Squareform)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/karry327/P7141050copy.jpg

Island - Stipple Cocoa (unlike these pics, stipple cocoa & chocolate splashback are almost the same)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/karry327/stipple_cocoa.jpg

Cook Run & Cupboards above - Polar White
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/karry327/polar_white-1.jpg

Kickboard - Aluminium laminated

Hardware / Taps - Dorf Vege Sprayer

Handles - Silver long all placed horizontally

Feature Lighting - Downlights in cupboards above cook run and most likely downlight over remainder of bench tops.

Floors - Laminated Timber - Select Teak

Carpet - Savino Forte (above)

Wall Colour - ??????? HELP!!! We can choose any colour from Taubmans or Bristol range as we're going ahead with the 3 coat system. We'd like something white that will have some contrast with white skirtings etc. Not wanting too creamy but as we have the warmth from the flooring, we can't really go grey / blue / greeny based white either.

1) What do you think of all the colours combined?
2) Any suggestions of a nice Taubmans / Bristol wall paint with enough colour to have a nice contrast but not too dark.
By the way I should have mentioned the colouring of our furniture is dark brown. I want the furniture to contrast against a lighter neutrals colour scheme.

We were originally going to have an all white kitchen so we've ended up with something quite different - I hope it doesn't give the whole place a too dark feel.
Not a colour expert but I like it all
and no way an expert on paint colour so will leave that one alone completely.
Thanks Suh!! BTW, I regard everyone as a colour expert so I'm after everyone's opinions
Anyone?
Maybe as a starting point you could let us know if you prefer grey or brown or another color? Probably either would go with your selections to date but (as I'm sure you know) there are a LOT of paint colours out there so if you give us an idea of which range of the spectrum you are looking at I'm sure everyone will be a bit more help

Personally I prefer greys to browns but that's just my preference!
Thanks for responding Grom, was starting to feel a bit unloved

We prefer the browns - mainly because we have some beautiful dark brown wooden furniture and our lounge suites are also brown. Sounds all a bit boring but they are lovely...really

So, we thought it would be nice to tie the rest of the colours in and also to have the darker brown furniture contrasting against some softer neutrals.

I guess the main thing is we're now after a nice Taubmans or Bristol paint colour (cannot use another brands tint) that has enough pigment that it is a contrast to white architraves etc but isn't too creamy. And based on our chosen colours above, we don't think 'whites' with an undertone of grey / blue / green would be the best either.

So after some general advice / recommendations etc.
Karry there are a few of us that have used/willing be using Moonriver. Have a look at Southies viewtopic.php?f=31&t=10142&start=1640 and themax's viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20717 threads.

Stormy has used Nomadic Ivory (I think) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7166

Not sure if these are your type of colours?

Bel
Thanks Bel, checked out all 3 threads / blogs. Absolutely love both colours and will check them out with my flooring & other colours
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum