Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Feature Walls

Page 1 of 1
I have attempted to paint a feature wall in Pearl Copper effects, which has come out fantastically. However, my straight line, which butts into a corner of white, is not so straight and is driving me batty. Can any one give any hints or tips on how to acheive that perfect straight edge???? Pleease...
Azz
I have attempted to paint a feature wall in Pearl Copper effects, which has come out fantastically. However, my straight line, which butts into a corner of white, is not so straight and is driving me batty. Can any one give any hints or tips on how to acheive that perfect straight edge???? Pleease...

SELLEYS HAS A PRODUCT CALLED SURELINE WHICH IS A PAINT APPLICATOR THAT CONSISTS OF FOAM AND MOHAIR FILLIMENT. THEYCOME IN 7 AND 9 INCH SIZES AND I BELIEVE THEY COME IN A SMALLER SIZE ALSO (?!).

AFTER GIVING IT A GOOD DUST DOWN TO REMOVE EXTRA FLUFF, DIP IT INTO YOUR PAINT AND YOU SHOULD FIND PAINTING THAT STRAIGHT LINE A WHOLE LOT EASIER.

ONCE YOU'VE DONE THAT, YOU'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO DO ONE MORE COAT ON THE WHOLE WALL (WHILE KEEPING A WET EDGE), AS THAT ONE LINE ON IT'S OWN WILL LOOK ODD.

EGGENZ 2005
Hi all - just a quick question (and I think Michelle answered this for me a long time ago but I can't find the message) ....

We have chosen the colours for our feature walls but would like to know the best 'effect' or way of painting the walls.

Even though I like the look of the suede or brush effects, I think I would get sick of it pretty quickly so I would prefer just to paint it normally.

But do I paint in a matt or gloss finish? I know the walls (off white) are just normal (matt?) but should the feature walls be something a little bit different to ensure that the 'feature' really stands out???

Starting to stress .....

Amber

http://www.ourdreamhouse.blogspot.com
I would keep the finish the same - let the colour contrast be the feature rather than the glossy finish as well!!

Just a non-expert personal opinion
- and we've chosen a few feature walls through our house in fairly subdued tones so its possible we're just boring!!
As a fellow Seinfeld fan I will definitely listen to your advice

Cheers
Amber
Thanks!

My areas of expertise go beyond importing/exporting and latex manufacture!
Related
18/09/2023
Feature brick discoloured

General Discussion

hmmm id assume youll get hit with the "natural product therefore variation in colour etc" excuse. How bad are we talking? One could argue that if none of the displays or…

17/05/2024
Stacked stone style facade feature tile installation pricing

Building A New House

Good day everyone, I have two queries regarding stacked stone style facade feature tile installation. 1. I am looking for an installation price guide to install stacked…

23/03/2024
Strange noise in the walls

General Discussion

Nope, only on the inside, I've literally has my ears to the brick outside and can't hear anything. I can sort of 'reset' the noise by pressing firmly on the studs. This…

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum