Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

Window treatment styles web sites

Page 1 of 1
Seeing as I've talked DH into letting me go to Bali with a friend sometime after we move in I've now got something extra to research.
I've found out I can get curtains made in Bali for a reduced enough amount to cover the trip plus more. So any web sites you know of for varying curtain styles I need.

I'll be keeping my curtaining requirements pretty simple but I'm sure this post could become equally useful to lots of others looking for curtaining ideas so show me what you've found please.

My thoughts so far:
Main bedroom plus 3 minor bedrooms and maybe office. Not sure on that one yet. The minor bedrooms will be plain pleated. and since we've deliberately gotten the 3 minor bedrooms with exactly the same sized windows that's going to be handy for bargaining. Our bedroom though has 2 narrowish windows. The office has narrow windows as well but a different size to our bedroom.

Might try and find a style with a little bit of zazz for them.
Or otherwise will bring back additional of the same fabric so pelmets can be made to match. So any web sites with lots of pictures of curtaining styles pass on to me please. Since the windows are not super wide I'm looking for ideas that look stylish but not too cluttered.

I'm thinking something along these lines

or even a single pole swag for above the curtain. We will also be adding plainish net curtains or organza curtains behind the main curtains for privacy.
I like these patterned fabrics but might end up going plain

Something like this for the minor bedrooms in a charcoal colour

Sorry Michelle. I'd switched the /img and the img around. was rushing because everyone else here was eating dinner and DH was't impressed I was still tapping away.

Here's hoping I can find the simpler style curtaining in Bali.
I love that last pic, beautiful material.
Yes. And if i can get something along those lines in a darkish grey/charcoal it should go with pretty much any colours in paint, bedding, furnishings we are likely to put in those bedrooms.
I'd be tempted to have something that pools on the floor of the major bedroom ( LIKE IN THAT PICTURE) but prob go for something floor lenght for minor bedrooms.

Has anyone seen curtain fabric when browsing or buying in Bali? Would I be able to find this kind of curtaining there?
Not sure kexkez. Could you buy the fabric here and take it with you?? Guess it might be a bit of excess baggage though
I didn’t look at window fabrics over there I have no idea what they do.
if i buy the fabric here it will cost far more. The only reason Dh is agreeing is because of the saving. But if i can't find anything I like I won't get anything made up. I'm not buying just for the sake of it. I might try posting on the BTF and set to accept emails so i can ask a couple of the people who have bought curtain fabric recently to take a look at those samples pics i posted. That way i can find out if I'm likely to find anything like that there.
Related
2/04/2024
Any feedback on Mojo builds on sloping sites and in Thornton

Building A New House

Hi, We are looking for a builder that can build a small home (smaller length) on a sloping site. We came across Mojo's Zephyr design 10.6 m wide and 11.5 m length. Does…

14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum