Join Login
Building ForumFinishing Touch

House painting Prices

Page 2 of 2
Painting is one of those things that anyone can do..........

How well it depends.

I recently painted my brand new house (4x2) and it took me 3 months (working weekends). i put alot of effort into it as i am very particular about straight lines etc and imperfections, probably over did it.

In the end it cost me just over $1200 which included paying $600 for a guy to come around and put the oil based sealer on, equipment, paint etc.

The paint came in half price as the guy who did the sealer bought me paint on trade cost.

So, if your comfortable doing it , DO IT. if not, pay for it.
Be careful of picking the cheapest too.. My parents picked the cheapest quote, guys ad said 40 years experience but it was the worst job ive ever seen.. He painted over light switches cupboard doors even painted around picture frames. In the end they didn't pay him and he never even tried to get his money, I think he realized how bad he was
Related
15/02/2024
Welcome to 2024 - Gyprocking prices have increased 40%!

Building A New House

Tradie may sit at home but will need to get house plastered as well or will you sit it out?

14/07/2023
Painting Multifinish Plaster

Building A New House

Hi, Have used the Dulux 1 step, oil base on my walls(white set), out of can it’s already a more thinner product than a final coat paint Also in water base Water or…

5/03/2024
Painting Acrylic rendered retaining wall

General Discussion

Thanks mate, is there a standard off the shelf type breathable product I can apply DIY? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumFinishing Touch
Home
Pros
Forum