Join Login
Building ForumIdeas Box

What to do with this area?

Page 1 of 1
I recently moved into a house with an almost garden/pond like feature in the centre between the kitchen/dining/living areas. The previous owners just installed some wood planks and covered with pebbles and a somewhat underwhelming water feature from bunnings but i feel there is more potential here.

Does anyone know what it would have been designed for? I would think garden but being in the centre of the house means very little natural light from windows.

What would you do with it?

I’d cover it over in a fabric sofa surface with some scatter cushions to make it a cozy sitting/reading type nook.
I'd put a dim light to make it shine during night-time. (colorful LED based on your favorite color may also do the trick).
Related
12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumIdeas Box
Home
Pros
Forum