Join Login
Building ForumIdeas Box

Tapatalk Multiple Posts

Page 1 of 1
I'm growing tired of seeing multiple posts being caused by people's use of Tapatalk.. I've only just noticed it getting worse in the last couple of months. In one of the threads I frequent, there are often 8 or more same posts being posted, over and over again.. often quoting a previous post that has large images, so you end up with pages and pages of the same post repeated.

Is there something on the homeone side that can be done?

I use Tapatalk myself but only as a notification system. I just use mobile browser to access the website and it is a great experience by itself. Tapatalk is heavily promoted when you access the site for the first time with a mobile browser, however it seems to be creating a lot of havok lately.
I'm not totally sure it is tapatalk by itself, but the way some people can't be bothered to edit out excess and totally unnecessary text and photos out of their replies.

Those on desktop computers wear out the mouse wheel from the need to keep on scrolling through all the excess.

I don't know how those on a mobile device stay within their bandwidth limitations when some people post so many photos in just one post, and then you get those who reply and quote the whole lot all over again, which a lot of people do.
I use it on my Samsung Galaxy. Never have I ever double-posted. Could it be an iOS thing? Quoting large images is a bad idea anyway especially if you're on your mobile data.
light487
I'm growing tired of seeing multiple posts being caused by people's use of Tapatalk.. I've only just noticed it getting worse in the last couple of months. In one of the threads I frequent, there are often 8 or more same posts being posted, over and over again.. often quoting a previous post that has large images, so you end up with pages and pages of the same post repeated.

Is there something on the homeone side that can be done?

I use Tapatalk myself but only as a notification system. I just use mobile browser to access the website and it is a great experience by itself. Tapatalk is heavily promoted when you access the site for the first time with a mobile browser, however it seems to be creating a lot of havok lately.

Hi light487,

We'll be forwarding this to our programmer for consideration.
Related
26/09/2023
Deck joist, bearer and posts

Outdoor Living

Seconded; we just used these last weekend to build a small deck. They worked perfectly as we have bluestone in the area where we wanted to build so digging down was not…

You are here
Building ForumIdeas Box
Home
Pros
Forum