Join Login
Building ForumIdeas Box

email notifications

Page 1 of 1
Hi Admin.....I'm not receiving notifications to post I have made replies to.
Can this be fixed please?

Thank you
Hi Michelle,

We're seeing a server issue with the email address you have provided dating back to 15 Feb 2015.

Do you have a new email address? If so, please send a PM to homeone.
Hi Jason,

No I have the same the email, I changed providers.

michelle@denovoconcepts.com

Not sure how to get around that?

Thanks Jason.
You may find that the reason why you no longer get notifications is because the mail server that you are may have been rejecting the emails from this sites mail server. If that's the case then a lot of forum software will stop sending out notifications ever again.

If that's the case then re-setting the notifications might be in order.

Don't forget if your mail server is configured to reject emails of the type that come from here, then the notifications will fail again, i.e. if anti-spam software is set too strong, it may see emails coming from here as spam and reject them, even though they are not spam.
Thanks bpratt....I might get my IT guy to look into this for me.

I'm getting all other spam emails...so not sure whats happening.
I'll look into it tonight.

Thanks

So just found this.....

m********@denovoconcepts.com

There looks to be too many * in my email address - how can I get in to check this out, where do I go for this?

Thanks.
By the way Jason, I don't remember giving the forum any info of mine on the 15th??
Michelle
So just found this.....

m********@denovoconcepts.com

There looks to be too many * in my email address - how can I get in to check this out, where do I go for this?

If that's the case, then the mail server would be rejecting emails with a 'user not found' error, and therefore you would not be getting those emails.

You can all emails sent to you if you have a 'catchall' set, which is not recommended, as you will get all spam emails sent to it. But you can configure up that particular 'wrong' email address by setting up a forwarder to your real email account.
Its an easy fix if I can get back into Homeone and correct my email details.
homeone

Do you have a new email address? If so, please send a PM to homeone.

Hi Michelle,

Again, please send a PM to homeone with your new valid email address so you may start receiving notifications again.
bpratt
Michelle

If that's the case, then the mail server would be rejecting emails with a 'user not found' error, and therefore you would not be getting those emails.

You can all emails sent to you if you have a 'catchall' set, which is not recommended, as you will get all spam emails sent to it. But you can configure up that particular 'wrong' email address by setting up a forwarder to your real email account.

Email addresses are masked with asterisks' in member's accounts as a standard security precaution.
Thank you Homeone, I'm now receiving emails again!
Hi Michelle,

Good to hear.

How did you manage to get this working again at your end?

Was your IT guy helpful?

Regards,

Jason
I've done nothing, I was hoping the re enter of my email would fix it at your end.
Related
7/08/2023
Acceptable wait time for email response to question from sma

Owner Builder Forum

how imperative is the timing of the answer?

You are here
Building ForumIdeas Box
Home
Pros
Forum