Join Login
Building ForumIdeas Box

Sorting "Building A New House" by state

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but how feasible would it be to organise the 'Building A New House' discussion topic by state?

I've been using this forum quite actively for about 1 year now and I think the aforementioned thread could benefit from some topic sorting. I would personally find it helpful to see all WA threads in one place. It may also prove useful when digging up older threads.

Understandably not all topics can be organised by state and generic queries would continue to be posted in their current fashion.

I just figured that this proposed solution would be better for finding builds in the same place, rather than a topic called "Link your WA Builds". Such threads are often lost in the catacombs that are pages 8 and onward!

Just my two cents! Thanks ya'll
Good idea to sort it but I reckon it should be sorted into a separate section for "Build threads" and "Building a new house". The building a new house section is great for sharings tips and advice but it's often drowing under build threads so questions quickly disappear and don't get answered.
EmyN
Good idea to sort it but I reckon it should be sorted into a separate section for "Build threads" and "Building a new house". The building a new house section is great for sharings tips and advice but it's often drowing under build threads so questions quickly disappear and don't get answered.

I agree. I also thought about suggesting that, but thought it would be easier to work within the existing framework. A new section would be good to distinguish "new build threads" from new build questions. We'll see what the admins come back with.
EmyN

A BIG +1 to that.

I generally gloss over most of the posts in here, because if I didn't I would not have a life to myself.

I still think a State by State "Build" threads would be quite nice too, as then the States that I'm not interested in I can simply Mark Read.
PanRaptor, EmyN and bpratt, you'll be pleased to know that the majority of your suggestions have been taken into consideration and already implemented.

These are coming to you shortly. If you would like to trial the pre-release version of the forum we are considering rolling these out to select members within 4 - 6 weeks for final testing.

Let me know via PM if you (or anyone else) is interested in partaking in the feedback panel.
That'll be great. Wish it was the SMF forum software (I admin a few SMF forums myself), but I guess you'll be sticking with what you already have.
Lovely jubblies.
bpratt
That'll be great. Wish it was the SMF forum software (I admin a few SMF forums myself), but I guess you'll be sticking with what you already have.

Which features of SMF do you particularly like?
EmyN
Lovely jubblies.

Yes, that!
homeone
PanRaptor, EmyN and bpratt, you'll be pleased to know that the majority of your suggestions have been taken into consideration and already implemented.

These are coming to you shortly. If you would like to trial the pre-release version of the forum we are considering rolling these out to select members within 4 - 6 weeks for final testing.

Let me know via PM if you (or anyone else) is interested in partaking in the feedback panel.

Sounds great!

I'm all over it, will PM you now.
homeone
bpratt

Which features of SMF do you particularly like?

I guess it is mostly because I am so comfortable using it from both a user and as an administrator.

The look and feel of it to me is just so much more comfortable than this forum and a lot more than the other 'religion' of phpbb.

One of the things that I do like, is when you submit a new post, the user can select it so that they are automatically taken to their new post or back to the subforum that they are in, without being forced on to an intermediate page. The exception is when another post has been written before you hit the submit, it displays the new post and your reply to give you the option of editing your post and submitting it or deleting your response if it is just a "me too" replying the same as what has already been posted.

A user can delete their own posts (and own threads if there's no replies already), admin configurable as I guess it is here.

Tapatalk plugin is available, so no one currently using it will miss out.

Either way, it is your forum and some will love the change, and others will hate it with a passion, as I'm sure they already do with the current forum, but use it because of the useful content, and that's the value of the forum, the content rather than the underlying software it is running.
Thanks for your great ideas.

The subsequent intermittent page following a post is no longer - with the new version.

I like the option of selecting whether you're taken to your post or sub-forum which is something that we'll incorporate.

This current forum is Tapatalk ready.

The ability for member to delete / edit their own posts, if no reply, is something we can look at too.

Can you please PM the link to the SMF forum you refer to?
This is one of the forums that I'm admin on :-

http://www.australianmotorsportforums.c ... /index.php
Thanks bpratt.

At first glance the template of the index right down to the topic pages are quite similar.

I will take a closer look but, again, if there's anything in particular you'd like to see here please let us know.
Related
13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

23/08/2024
New to building and new to construction

What's New

Essentially any first home buyer can buy a block and then build a house exactly the same as you plan to do but somehow you will have to sell yours at a premium in order…

1/11/2023
New house colour is wrong!!

General Discussion

welcome to learning that colours vary in different lighting conditions.

You are here
Building ForumIdeas Box
Home
Pros
Forum