Join Login
Building ForumIdeas Box

Adding a photo to a post

Page 1 of 1
Occasionally someone adds a photo to their post. How can I do this?
You have to upload the photo to a hosting site like photobucket first.
Then you'll see some links and you should copy the one that begins with img like img.Newbuilderbillphoto75.img for instance and paste it into your post here.

Or baby steps so you cover everything...How to embed a photo on this site...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58434&start=20

About fourteen posts down
This is for uploading a photo to photobucket.
Other file hosting sites are similar.
(Note: You wont see the image until you post your message/topic)

Stewie
Thanks for the reply. I will now try to follow those instructions on using Photobucket. Much appreciated.
Any suggestions on dropbox while we are at it?
I think dropbox is even easier although I've used photobucket for ages so that's what I've stuck to.
Open a dropbox account then sign in.
Click on the photo tab in the sidebar.
Select the photos you want to add.
Click on the share photos at the top of the page.
Click get link then copy it and paste it in the post you are making here.
This is from the version I used a while back ( on a Mac ) so I'm not sure if it has changed since then or is different on a PC/iPhone/iPad/Tablet etc.

Stewie
m-sass

I found Photobucket really hard to use...and gave up.

Dropbox was easy to upload the photo to drop box and then copy the link to post in here, but the downfall is that it only copies the link, it doesn't actually embed the photo so its there in the homeone forum thread for people to see straight away...
Beazley77
m-sass

I found Photobucket really hard to use...and gave up.

Dropbox was easy to upload the photo to drop box and then copy the link to post in here, but the downfall is that it only copies the link, it doesn't actually embed the photo so its there in the homeone forum thread for people to see straight away...

Yes. I gave up. I found tapatalk, and that was easier. Simple, just upload like facebook.

THanks for confirming that though. Makes me feel much less stupid!!
If you copy the picture to your Public folder in Dropbox, when you right click on the photo one of the options will be "Copy Public Link". Note that it will only give you this option for items in the Public folder (you can have subfolders for organisation). Paste that link between the img tags and the photo will be embedded.

And voila!
Slightly Random
If you copy the picture to your Public folder in Dropbox, when you right click on the photo one of the options will be "Copy Public Link". Note that it will only give you this option for items in the Public folder (you can have subfolders for organisation). Paste that link between the img tags and the photo will be embedded.

And voila!

hmmm, I don't seem to have a "Copy Public Link" from my dropbox public folder for photos when using my phone...
So again, I can't get my photos to embed...

Unless when I copy and paste I remember to perhaps add [img] at each end of the link?
Related
27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

You are here
Building ForumIdeas Box
Home
Pros
Forum