Join Login
Building ForumIdeas Box

Homeone Connection Error

Page 1 of 1
seems most times i try to log into homeone since about a week ago, it wont come up, it says cannot connect or find server.

anyone else getting this?
Not me ...
Nope fine for me both on computer and phone

Sometimes get this if I try to log on at Maccas but not at home
I had this for a couple of weeks until last week, so left a message for Homeone. Jason said to try this to see if it was just me... http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ... one.com.au and it said it was just me, but I had no trouble with any other site, and I tried Chrome & Safari with same result.

Ed
I've had the same problem and an only get on through a search engine ?
ed @ ecoclassic
I had this for a couple of weeks until last week, so left a message for Homeone. Jason said to try this to see if it was just me... http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ... one.com.au and it said it was just me, but I had no trouble with any other site, and I tried Chrome & Safari with same result.

Ed

It was also advised to reset router and modem as this can resolve technical conflicts. Give that a try if the problem persists.

Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues after attempting a reset, so we can investigate further.
homeone
ed @ ecoclassic

Ed

It was also advised to reset router and modem as this can resolve technical conflicts. Give that a try if the problem persists.

Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues after attempting a reset, so we can investigate further.
Hi Jason

My router gets reset every week due to regular power outages... but in any case, the problem seems to have gone away for me, so no need to worry you.

Thanks
Ed
Thanks Ed.

Is anyone else experiencing ongoing issues after a router / modem reset?
I get an error coming up periodically on tapatalk saying something like 'error connecting to forum. Check with admin if problem continues'.

Could be Tapatalk related.
Thanks for your feedback.

The homeone.com.au server has been tweaked to handle more connections which should resolve this issue a few of you have been experiencing recently.
While I was using Telstra's (flaky) DNS servers, I was frequently getting 'cannot find' type of errors; I switched to Google's free DNS servers and the problem vanished. I was having the same issue with some other sites as well which is why I trying the DNS fix.

*** I used to work in IT and as a routine thing, we'd avoid using Telstra's DNS. It's been flaky for as long as I remember.
nope reset the router and or modem and cannot connect to homeone....
dragonchild
While I was using Telstra's (flaky) DNS servers, I was frequently getting 'cannot find' type of errors; I switched to Google's free DNS servers and the problem vanished. I was having the same issue with some other sites as well which is why I trying the DNS fix.

*** I used to work in IT and as a routine thing, we'd avoid using Telstra's DNS. It's been flaky for as long as I remember.

and how exactly would i do that? switch servers?
homeone
Thanks Ed.

Is anyone else experiencing ongoing issues after a router / modem reset?

yep, still o good for me

sometimes i can connect, but 99% of the time i cannot

this is the only site i have issues with and it's since around xmas
Hi tengals,

Thanks for your feedback.

This has been resolved for the majority who experienced this issue - as a result of a technical tweak - however we acknowledge a few are still experiencing some connectivity issues which we're still investigating.

In the interim, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

With respect to Google DNS settings please see the link below:
https://developers.google.com/speed/pub ... docs/using

Let us know how you go.
ok no problems, please try and work it out as its really frustrating i love this place LOL

I was getting no connection before, now I am, then no connection again. "cannot find server"

now it's back again
bkm2009
I get an error coming up periodically on tapatalk saying something like 'error connecting to forum. Check with admin if problem continues'.

Could be Tapatalk related.

I believe this was a Tapatalk issue when they recently upgraded their software. It has since been updated by Tapatalk which resolved the error. Let us know how it's working for you now.
Related
10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

22/12/2023
Water main connection

Building A New House

Hi all I'm currently building a duplex in Sydney and we need to do a new water connection to the second unit. The water main is on the other side of the road so we need…

You are here
Building ForumIdeas Box
Home
Pros
Forum