Join Login
Building ForumIdeas Box

homeone.com.au (v3.0) Feedback

Page 3 of 4
Yeah, is there an update? We praised a little, complained a little, and then - silence.
Has anything been approved for the next release?
Quite frankly, H1 admin should be a helluvalot MORE ATTENTIVE to the forum. Responses are v-e-r-y s-l-o-w coming if at all, and I don't think it at all satisfactory. With the volume of traffic on this forum, I reckon its poorly managed!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think H1 is a commercially run forum. I run a forum myself, which is a free forum. So I accept no money at all, with no advertising to give any bias to the forum content. Still, I manage to keep things flowing and if anyone has a question or query for me as admin, it is pretty swiftly responded to.

Ash.
Th thread has been temporarily moved as there's some things which need to be clarified
Sorry for the inconvenience

Any questions, please contact me via PM
In regards to the response of Admin to suggestions, please be aware that there is ALOT hapening behind the scenes
Whilst you may not see Admin post on the actual forum, all your suggestions are being taken in to consideration and we are looking at what to implement and the best way to do it. I knwo it seems like a long and drawn out process, however time is precious and there are just so many things needing to be done, some which you may not be conciously aware of. If there is anything urgent, than feel free to contact one of the mods directly.

Thank you for your patience!
Bam,

Thank you for the first attempt to provide some sort of response to members about the issues raised. But with respect, it doesn't cut it!
The NON response from admin is rudely disrespectful of members who make the forum what it is. No matter what is going on behind the scenes, admin are making for themselves a festering sore by remaining silent.

Ash.
You need to understand that there have been some more issues behind the scenes, which Im unsure Im allowed to comment on specifically in the open forum. But there truely is A LOT happening, I give my word. I know its not what you want to hear, and if I were a member without behind the scenes knowledge than I too may be annoyed, all I ask for the time being is that there be a degree of calmness while we can try and sort something out

By the way, the entire Forum Terms of Use are getting an overhaul, so sit tight and your request for mandatory locations may in fact be included
royalblue
Bam,

Thank you for the first attempt to provide some sort of response to members about the issues raised. But with respect, it doesn't cut it!
The NON response from admin is rudely disrespectful of members who make the forum what it is. No matter what is going on behind the scenes, admin are making for themselves a festering sore by remaining silent.

Ash.

Ash 6 people commented, out of (15000+) yes some don't visit any more so discount 10000 and out of 5000, 6 people
don't make the forum... IMHO.
I am sure if you had only 6 complaints out of 5000 jobs you'd be happy.

Let admin do their thing and lets be constructive not distructive.... Please
Thanks Bam for your acknowledgement that admin has noticed these feedback posts, comments and suggestions
- at least now we finally know that someone from admin has read these posts
Is there some way that Admin can flag an Admin thread as read on a daily or weekly basis, so that when thread respondees sign in they can see that their posts have been read?
Deemaree
Is there some way that Admin can flag an Admin thread as read on a daily or weekly basis, so that when thread respondees sign in they can see that their posts have been read?

If you feel there is an issue that warrants attention, PM the Admin or Mod. You will know when they read it when it changes from Outbox to Sent Messages...

Here's another thought: Maybe install an Auto Log-off for those members who post more than 20 posts per day, what do you think, Dee? DEE?
(only joking, admin/mods
)

Seriously - reading through several posts above, I think it is prudent for all members to realise the efforts of the few behind the scenes who keep this show on the road. We should all have complete faith and trust in them.
Deemaree

As far as Im aware, not on threads. But as Eager said, just PM us and then you can see whether its been read or not
But please, only if its URGENT or if the matter is personal, things like forum suggestions do not fit in to this category
We cant respond personally to each forum request, so dont want to offend if you PM and we dont reply. I assure you that if a thread like this is created by Admin or Moderators, it is getting read - we dont put it out here and then later decide its too much work and ignore it

If that were the case, we would have deleted the thread long ago
Eager
Deemaree

If you feel there is an issue that warrants attention, PM the Admin or Mod. You will know when they read it when it changes from Outbox to Sent Messages...

Here's another thought: Maybe install an Auto Log-off for those members who post more than 20 posts per day, what do you think, Dee? DEE?
(only joking, admin/mods
)

Seriously - reading through several posts above, I think it is prudent for all members to realise the efforts of the few behind the scenes who keep this show on the road. We should all have complete faith and trust in them.

Geoffrey! http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x199/TomE1123/smiley_guy_sticking_out_tongue_lg_c.gif
The scary thing is that I áctually don't respond to every thread/post I read!

I fully agree about people remembering the efforts of the VOLUNTEER Moderators....
Love the smilie
Glad to give you a laugh!
.... and support

Thanks
royalblue
H1,

You asked, I responded about LOCATION being mandatory in everyone's profile. Others agreed.

But STILL I keep finding some members who have no location. Other suggestions have been put into place. Is there a problem with implementing this suggestion?

Ash.

Hi Ash,

The decision comes down to whether or not members are happy to mandatorily share their State with their world. Technically, it's not difficult to implement but need to research whether our coding changes would be compatible with future releases of phpbb.
royalblue
Quite frankly, H1 admin should be a helluvalot MORE ATTENTIVE to the forum. Responses are v-e-r-y s-l-o-w coming if at all, and I don't think it at all satisfactory. With the volume of traffic on this forum, I reckon its poorly managed!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think H1 is a commercially run forum. I run a forum myself, which is a free forum. So I accept no money at all, with no advertising to give any bias to the forum content. Still, I manage to keep things flowing and if anyone has a question or query for me as admin, it is pretty swiftly responded to.

Ash.

Hi Ash,

With the volume of traffic on this forum our Support Team do a wonderful job.

Also, we are on the lookout for additional support members to assist with the growing forum so please register your interest with either a Moderator or myself.

As stated previously, if there are any important / urgent matters please PM me directly.
Eager
Sorry if this post runs at a tangent to the specifics of v3.0, but I have a beef with the amount of inactive members. Looking at the memberlist and sorting by posts reveals that over 114 pages of the list, which is over 5700 members, have never made a single post.

Would it not be good housekeeping to send them a reminder email, and if no response, delete them?

Hi Eager,

We usually delete these twice per year.
Hi Royalblue,

Here's that feature you requested a few weeks ago:

It is mandatory that new members select a State option however a '-' value can be selected for those that live abroad, or do not wish to provide a State value for their own good reason.

NOTE: We try to work through all requests. If for some reason there is a disruption to your experience at the forum please bring it to our attention immediately by PM'ing 'homeone', otherwise, we ask that you kindly be patient without abusing the Support Team or Admin.
homeone
royalblue
H1,

You asked, I responded about LOCATION being mandatory in everyone's profile. Others agreed.

But STILL I keep finding some members who have no location. Other suggestions have been put into place. Is there a problem with implementing this suggestion?

Ash.

Hi Ash,

The decision comes down to whether or not members are happy to mandatorily share their State with their world. Technically, it's not difficult to implement but need to research whether our coding changes would be compatible with future releases of phpbb.

Dare I ask what is the cut off point at which H1 would consider that 'members are happy to mandatorily share their State' with the world? In other words, how will H1 decide on this and based on what? A majority (and what percentage (of assumed responses)), or every single response must be a yay before this would be made mandatory?
I still cannot see how can stating the state (/overseas) be detrimental to protecting a member's privacy, if the member does not take any further (not rarely seen) steps to identify themselves or their house via comments or pictures, or a combination of both? A mandatory state on its own cannot possibly contribute to identification unless "helped" by the member in other ways. However, a house facade, builder's details, suburb name revealed in thread name or inside posts etc. can.
So, I do wonder is it truly the privacy that is the concern.
Related
19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

7/10/2023
Floor plan feedback

Building A New House

Hi there! Absolutely agree on the wasted space. We have no desire for the master to be that oversized, but it occurred when we increased the depth of the garage. We have…

You are here
Building ForumIdeas Box
Home
Pros
Forum