Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

fees when selling

Page 1 of 1
Other than the RE's commission and any marketing, conveyancing and the cost to discharge a mortgage, are there other legal or govt. fees involved in selling a property?

Do you pay things like stamp duty, or does only the buyer pay that?
buyer pays stamp.
We have just sold and we had to pay fees on all you mentioned plus
Land titles office search fees on top of settlement fees, a bank cheque issue fee on top of bank fees and obviously any council rates calculated for your portion. I think they hold money back and take it out of there and generally you end up getting a cheque back. due to paying those things in advance.
Could be different here in Perth though.
Ummm, majidpucit123, why are you giveing us a link to a UK property investment site?????

I see this is your 2nd post and your first one got deleted already.

Hmmm, spammers again
Add to the list capital gains tax (CGT), if that's an investment property.
Helyn
Ummm, majidpucit123, why are you giveing us a link to a UK property investment site?????

I see this is your 2nd post and your first one got deleted already.

Hmmm, spammers again

Gawn
Not any more he isnt!!!

Matt
^^ rah07 is another flamin' spammer!
In Sydney there are many 1% fixed commission (including advertising) real estate agents and the maximum the usual rip off agents charge is 3%.
We have usually found that our selling costs have added up to about 5% of the selling price which is usally made up of all fees (government, solicitor, realestate agent, etc). Keep in mind that you might also have a discharge fee with the bank who the property is mortgaged with. This fee can vary significantly depending on the loan terms.

Hope this has helped.

Wishing you every success,
Im going to have a couple of RE agents come over to give appraisal on my current house, which i intend on selling at the end of this year, and have a few queries:

a) what do I ask the RE agent to determine whether they're any good?
b) they say "free appraisal", but am I obliged to sign up with them after the appraisal?
c) what is the average RE agent fees?
d) are their fees normally a % of the sale price or do they charge a fixed fee?

If it helps, im in huntingdale area in WA. Expected house price in the range or $380k to $400k. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Maybe say you need to work out a sell price(RE's job) and then budget

You will get back if need be.
What will they be basing their price on? (past 6 months??)
Onc_artisan
Ok, one agent said he takes 3% commission, excluding marketing fees (adverts, for sale signage, etc). Seemed pretty steep to me, but does this sound like the current average? House price around $395k - $405k in Huntingdale WA.
Good luck in getting an appraisal from an agent. I had one call this afternoon and not once did I get a straight answer, instead he gave me some printouts with minimal details of recent sales and current listings but 'none' were close to my location, didn't have the same inclusions (such as one bathroom when mine has two + separate loo, etc) so none were comparing apples with apples!! I have already done online searches and found better info than he provided. Twice I asked about his commission/fees/etc but didn't receive a reply.

Guess who will be surprised when a phone call doesn't follow the enquiry?

Good news.....my offer on a block of land has been accepted by friendly and excited vendors...what more could you want, plus it's a private sale!! Yippee!!

Let the building (after selling the house) begin!!! LOL

Btw, the block of land came complete with 'two' sets of house plans, my choice to use either, or neither. I needed a lucky break and today has been it!

You'll probably see more of me for the next few months.
[quote="WFFS"]We have usually found that our selling costs have added up to about 5% of the selling price which is usally made up of all fees (government, solicitor, realestate agent, etc).[quote]

WHAT THE!?!?!? 5% of the sale price??? Oh my goodness me. I have been looking online and getting quick (so maybe not entirely accurate) quotes for selling fees, and based on the property selling at $370,000, it said I'd pay the solicitor about $500, have no idea how much I'd pay the government but I can't think what I'd have to pay them except for any outstanding council rates or something...we have no proper mortgage as such, so there's nothing to discharge or transfer...

Then there's the agent fees for their advertising and their commission. Is the commission the biggest part of this 5%? Cause I can't see how going from an amount of $500 to an amount of $18,500 (5%) makes sense!!!
Related
16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

24/03/2024
Lyndhurst body corporate fees

Real Estate

What services do you get under these fees.

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum