Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

Property Appreciation Rate

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys, long time lurker - finally getting serious about buying my first home and starting to have questions that the extensive forum history can't answer

I'm looking into buying a property which was just listed on RealEstate.com.au and seems to check all our boxes, so going to inspect it on Sunday. However, doing a bit of research I found out that the same property was sold by the same agent just 3 years ago. They are asking for offers over $600k and the property was sold for $540k in Dec, 2013.

Just want to get some advice; for the Cranbourne area (in the Avenue Estate, relatively close to the shopping centre/buses) whether its reasonable for property values to appreciate by over 11% in 3 years? Also curious as to why its back on the market so soon but I understand that could be a plethora of reasons, so I'm not going to dig too deep into it. If it satisfies my family's needs and passes the building inspection - then I will be happy!

Thanks for any advice in advance
Related
15/08/2023
Is this a bad situation - easement and manhole on property

General Discussion

You might be able to apply to divert the sewer at your expense. In NSW you would contact a Water services co-ordinator and they would give you advice as to whether or not…

18/01/2024
Scaffolding extending over my property

General Discussion

Ask for some kickplate to be added and also for tradies to be requested to use lanyards on tools on that side of the building. Be respectful and have the discussion…

6/02/2024
Property Boundaries in New Estates

General Discussion

The setback from the kerb is 4m. It is council land to provide an area for services like sewer main, gas mains, water mains, underground power or poles for overhead power,…

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum