Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

Who else is waiting for title?

Page 1 of 2
So who else out there in H1 land is waiting for land to title?

I hope I'm not the only one who keeps looking at our Paddock with Diggers hoping it will start to resemble a street soon!

We've got about six months to go (fingers crossed) having signed our contract *after* there had already been considerable delays, so I'm hoping we missed the worst of it!
We were waiting but just got ours settled last week. There are loads of people on here that I know waiting for titles anywhere between march to may so you'll be in good company. I took photos everytime we went up so I could see our lovely parcel of land change over time.

I can't get to ours at the moment
There's bigass machinery everywhere so its fenced off at the road and you can't really sneak in there. Looking forward to when the fences come down! We'd only seen the block once and then they ripped it all up lol.
We waited almost a year for our land to register.

There were a few times when we commando rolled under the fence and sprinted as fast as we could up the hill in mud, hiding behind machinery so no one could see us!

It was worth getting scraped knees and dirty clothes for!!
Ha,
Was promised 4 months til settlement....
It's now been over a year, and been told 8 months now!
Sick of being lyed to!
Don't understand this - do you own blocks you can't build on yet ?

Are they part of an estate ?
Paid deposit on land, awaiting development to be completed.
Very painfull when nothing gets touched for months
Totally went and looked at ours on the weekend lol.

Saint Mike
Don't understand this - do you own blocks you can't build on yet ?
Are they part of an estate ?

Ours was a big space of land (ie paddocks) that the owner has subdivided and is selling off as residential lots. (about 40 of them in this release, and he owns more paddocks adjacent that he'll do the same to in 10yrs or so) The lots have been up for sale for over 18mths while they work out drainage systems and whatnot (there used to be a dam in the middle of the paddock) and now thats all been sorted they've started to cut in the roads and everything. So yep, we own the block but it wont be ready to build on until the streets/sewerage lines/guttering/etc all exist.
Sounds like we are neighbors MrsT12 !
Haha, wouldnt it be funny if we were! Someone HAS brought the block next to ours...
Are you in torquay MrsT12?
Nah, a few hours north.
We're in Melb North and expecting titles in June, hopefully.
Ooh around the same time as me
Yep! Assuming we're not in the same place though as we don't even have diggers yet.
Nope, not the same spot. I just went and stalked your posts lol. I'm further north again. I hope you get your earthmoving equipment in soon!
I'm still waiting, we put a deposit down around April last year and signed contracts. We were expecting the land to settle around September, then December, then February now June.

We're hoping to buy in Summerhill. Since some others have mentioned Melbourne North as well, are you looking at the same subdivision?
MrsT12
Nope, not the same spot. I just went and stalked your posts lol. I'm further north again. I hope you get your earthmoving equipment in soon!

lol nice work

mjmelb, I'm in C amalda
Is Summerhill over in the Aurora-ish area?
Yeah, Summerhill is around that way.
Related
6/12/2023
Create of a restriction on the title

Building A New House

Flamingo Give me a call and I will do my best to talk you through it. For those who would like an answer, Subject to seeing your actual DA condition, I think you are…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum