Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

Housing contracts and building/pest/plumbing inspections WA

Page 1 of 1
Hey peeps

After months my other half and I went and bought a house instead of building. We are first time home buyers.

I put down in the contract that the house needed the usual building and pest inspections, but also wanted a plumbing inspection and sewer check due to the 2 * LiquidAmber trees at the back (over 30 years old). Vendors to pay for repairs.

The plumbing inspection has come back with a major root problem which will cost about 2500 to fix, due to massive amount of root damage done to the plumbing in the kitchen/loo and bathroom.

If they don't want to fix it - can my other half and I walk away from the sale?
freakychick
Hey peeps

After months my other half and I went and bought a house instead of building. We are first time home buyers.

I put down in the contract that the house needed the usual building and pest inspections, but also wanted a plumbing inspection and sewer check due to the 2 * LiquidAmber trees at the back (over 30 years old). Vendors to pay for repairs.

The plumbing inspection has come back with a major root problem which will cost about 2500 to fix, due to massive amount of root damage done to the plumbing in the kitchen/loo and bathroom.

If they don't want to fix it - can my other half and I walk away from the sale?

if it states in the contract that they will fix any damage then yes you can recinde the contract because they havn't fixed the damages, i find if very strange that an owner would agree to that condition in the contract tho.
usually it would be that you agree to the sale if the cost of damage is less then x, and if it was over x, then the vendors could pay the difference for the sale to go ahead.

talk to your conveyecer anyways, i could be wrong.
Related
19/02/2024
Termite and pest control

General Discussion

Fantastic. Good to know. Thank you very much

30/08/2023
Pest control. What is doing this?

General Discussion

Hi group, have some damage to the door frame and skirting board. It's a side door to the laundry area. Only has a security door. I had a termite inspection (note drill…

1/10/2023
Pest Proofing Ventilation gaps in brick veneer home

General Discussion

Brass fly wire, you will need to cut it, shape it and jam it into brick slots

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum