Join Login
Building ForumReal Estate

Power lines impact on residential land value or children

Page 1 of 1
Hey friends,

We are thinking to buy a new set of land in clyde north. After checking, I found that the land is at close proximity to hugh voltave 500KV - powelines in clyde north, about 230 mtrs away.

Need some advise

There are some myths or claims without scientific evidence suggesting that living close or under the hugh volatge power lines may increase a risk of lukemia in kids.
There are alos some other myths about heart disease and other diseases if you live close to or right below the power lines.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your time!
Our mortgage broker advised us to stay away from properties near high tension power lines as banks don't like them and may insist upon higher deposit. He then went on saying that "it is not a very good choice of living under or near power lines anyways." I didn't think of anything then, however, I would definitely avoid them due to in any off chance accident from those power lines suddenly collapsing on the house.
230 m is a huge distance and most probably you will be quite safe.

Buy EMF meter at Aliexpress and simply measure EMF levels at your proposed house site.

http://www.emfinfo.org/guidelines-distance.html
Related
29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

29/01/2024
Do floor to ceiling tiles ad much resale value

Building A New House

They make the room much easier to clean for one, reflect more light (if light colour tiles are used), and you dont end up with dust on the top edge of tiles (cause most…

You are here
Building ForumReal Estate
Home
Pros
Forum