Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Floor Plan Feedback

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I would appreciate any input on split level floor plan design below. I'm at the tender stage with a modified floor plan from a project builder. The main change is an almost complete remodel of the upper ground floor removing the rather small alfresco to allow for an increase in living area with plans to have a large outdoor veranda built after handover.

ground floor plan is missing, but I liked your first floor. Seems very well thought through to me.
While its useful to have a shower downstairs, Im not sure how practical ot would be off the laundry? And its missing a basin and some doors?

I suggest you consider additional storage options as I dont think there is personally enough.

Consider the western sun too and how you will mitigate some of that exposure.

Overall I like the idea though
it's a very good idea to remove the alfresco and have a new outdoor area later...your plans look excellent and only minor suggestion for upstairs linen with less wasted space..good luck with your build
and here's the meant to be attached to my comments
Study near the kitchen....bit noisy no?
Upstairs walkway between couch and tv not really ideal.
Door opening opposite the shower, That would be a bit embarrassing if the door opened as someone is in the shower.
Related
7/10/2023
Floor plan feedback

Building A New House

Hi there! Absolutely agree on the wasted space. We have no desire for the master to be that oversized, but it occurred when we increased the depth of the garage. We have…

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum