Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Brighton Homes

Page 1 of 1
On Wed 29/7/20, I called Brighton Homes to see their full inclusions at their headquarters.
I wholeheartedly agree! If I were to say to one of my customers, “I want you to buy from me but I’m not going to show you the range until you pay me a fee” then I would receive a pretty nasty letter from department of Fair Trading. You are right - There is NOTHING in the booklets regarding the brick range. I took in the Austral range and the salesperson couldn’t tell me what was standard and what wasn’t. We got caught out with Stylemaster when early in the process, I said I wanted a crisp white interior paint. Wasn’t going to be a problem until we go to contract and suddenly I can only get dirty grey whites.
That is strange, I have heard that people can visit their studio to look at what’s on offer before signing a preliminary agreement I don’t think they openly advertise it but if you ask one of their sales person, they can probably organise it for you.

bday40
On Wed 29/7/20, I called Brighton Homes to see their full inclusions at their headquarters. They refused. Direct quote, they said that it was "not open to the public." Paraphrasing, but they said I would have to sign a preliminary and then make an appt for the design studio. I would sign a stat dec that the conversation went that I could not view the full studio or gallery inclusions. "It is all written in black and white in the inclusions booklet."

I would encourage any other potential buyer to ask if you can physically see the inclusions, there is no mention of the flooring or brick ranges as at 29/7/20 and potential customers would have not be able to view the full inclusions until signing a preliminary contract with potential to be out of pocket a lot of money. The 2020 gallery inclusions booklet states the following....
"Flooring. Your Brighton homes comes complete with floor coverings. A choice of quality tiles or timber look laminate throughout your living areas." …
"Bricks. A wide choice of Austral face bricks to front, sides and rear."
Yep, all there in black and white, you just can't see it.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum