Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Dead buffalo!

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I'm need your opinions on what may be causing the large dead patches in our backyard. The area receives plenty of sun (but I wouldn't say too much) and has received a lot of rain lately (woohoo!). Prior to the last 3-4 months where it has been looking dead, the lawn was in excellent condition all over.

We have a dog who does like to pee in the yard but he has dog rocks that are replaced frequently. I was hoping that the area was dead just because of a large dry spell that we have had in Brisbane, however, the recent rain has done nothing to improve it. I've poured some soapy water on a patch to see if any grubs popped up but none did. Could this be some sought of fungus that is causing it? Treatment to date has been Seasol, trying to aerate it with a shovel and watering.

Does anyone have any solutions apart from replacing the grass all together?

Thank you for your help.

Aeration ( with a fork not a shovel ) and water.
See here...viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97462

Stewie
Thanks for the reply. It seems like a lot of damage, which leads me to think that there could be something else causing this. Does it look like the work of grubs?
Maybe but I doubt it myself. What was your soil prep like before you laid the turf or was it an existing old lawn?

Stewie
It's an existing lawn. I'm just confused because the back half looks great.
You say you've been watering but looking closer at your last photo, the soil looks pretty dry. I'd be getting out the fork, digging it in deep then deep watering it. Seasol every two weeks after that.

Stewie
Okay thanks, I'll give that a go.
you’ve got lawn grubs. Severely.
Spend $17 at bunnings for spray. Give two treatments from the same bottle 2 weeks apart.
Grubs haven’t got to the back half of your lawn, yet. On the weekend in between seasol it.

Also check nearby eaves etc for little white moth egg sacks - and rub them off. Or they’ll just be back in 2 months

I would agree aeration is also an issue but if it was established would not cause such a massive issue. ESP w sir walter
Excellent thank you. Off to Bunnings I go.
Related
You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum