Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Our first family home

Page 1 of 2
Building our first home at Austral with CSB homes
Ourfirsthomehy

And paid the 5% building deposit.. This is it!!
Ourfirsthomehy
Ourfirsthomehy
Land 10% paid waiting for the summer season holidays to finish for our part-A selections

Land settlement in 10 days!! hoohoo
Twordor1998
Good home at real price

Yeah are you also building with them??
Ourfirsthomehy
Land settlement in 10 days!! hoohoo

Land settled..
Next week Part-A external selection booked excited.
Part-A external selection completely.. Choosen the below for the externals

Roof tiles-Atura Sambuca
Gutter: Ebony
Facia: night sky
Downpipe: night sky
Bricks: Dark & Stormy (Thunder)
Window frames: Matt Black
Garage door: colourbond Caoba
Front door: Rosewood veneer
Ourfirsthomehy

Roof tiles-Atura Sambuca

Ourfirsthomehy
Ourfirsthomehy

Roof tiles-Atura Sambuca

How have you found CSB homes so far throughout the process? Thinking about building with them but haven't heard too much about them!
firsthomeforever
Ourfirsthomehy
Ourfirsthomehy

Roof tiles-Atura Sambuca

How have you found CSB homes so far throughout the process? Thinking about building with them but haven't heard too much about them!

Hi, they are good we went with them after checking their display home at Oran Park. Their finishing and detail to perfection is worth complements.

I did a home and land package with them, so far traveling OK.. The waiting stage is a bit tedious. Make sure you do your research when I comes to signing the build contract and DO NOT SIGN until your sure.

It is worthwhile to take the contract to your solicitor and clarify things prior signing.

I still have to wait almost 2 months until my slabs go..

So I cannot comment on the construction phase of things..

All the best.
Whereabouts you building??

Cheers
Ya, I have had first had experience with them. The builder who happens to be a carpenter along with his brother (both carpenters possibly his son is a carpenter now too). They are good craftsmen, at the time they did solid slabs instead of waffle pods. The end product is good.

That is where the compliments end.

If you have been served by the sales lady (I shall not name her), is an absolute and in every sense a a cut throat 2 cents worth sales person. Why I have such a low impression of her is that, if a customer asks questions she get upset at them, and has a short fuse to go with it. Talks low of people behind their back, and I know this because she spoke about others to me, people I do not know, and how she is the angel standing on clouds and people who has been scorched in hell is being rescued by her.

Going past her, when it comes to inclusions and selections, they buy from places like Harvey Norman and stuff, they do not care one bit about having contacts with some reputed builder's supplier or a wholesale warehouse. The result, for bottom of the run items they pay unimaginably high prices, retail + extra. The attitude was its not their hard earned money, take it or leave it, the are not there to save you money.

Circling back to that sales woman, she had made some basic mistakes, she has no background in the building industry, so could not read architect's plan correctly, misquoted us.

The price looked low, we signed the contract, it was not our place to check her work/calculations, not that it was revealed to us in the first place.
Then at a later stage said that the quote is wrong, either make the house smaller or pay more.
We thought it over, and thought ok we will reduce the size as money was a bit tight.
Not only the size was reduced, she started taking out windows and things that were there before. I objected, and remember that short fuse I spoke of, ya that happened.
Then it was a BS process getting out of the contract. We left the deposit with them, did not challenge it as the property was for sale and we'd rather cut losses now, build and sell make the profit, instead of going into a legal mess.
(which we did, house was made and sold by a different builder)

The reason that was given to us was that the plans that we gave did not have the council's stamp on it.
That was the best excuse they could come up with, council's stamp missing, not missing numbers, or measurements, non of that, because we provided them the exact same digital copy of the plans that went to the council.

Long story short, the builder is good so is his brother and son. If I am buying a house and happen to come across one that was built by CSB I'll consider it for purchase. But apart from these three people everyone else in the CSB team are mix of people who do not have your best interest at heart and that is putting it as politely as I can.

And yes, if challenged on my version of the story, I have all the emails that went back and forth, I can produce the lot for public scrutiny.

Regards.
PropertyTechnical
Ya, I have had first had experience with them. The builder who happens to be a carpenter along with his brother (both carpenters possibly his son is a carpenter now too). They are good craftsmen, at the time they did solid slabs instead of waffle pods. The end product is good.

If you have been served by the sales lady (I shall not name her), is an absolute and in every sense a a cut throat 2 cents worth sales person. Why I have such a low impression of her is that, if a customer asks questions she get upset at them, and has a short fuse to go with it. Talks low of people behind their back, and I know this because she spoke about others to me, people I do not know, and how she is the angel standing on clouds and people who has been scorched in hell is being rescued by her.

Going past her, when it comes to inclusions and selections, they buy from places like Harvey Norman and stuff, they do not care one bit about having contacts with some reputed builder's supplier or a wholesale warehouse. The result, for bottom of the run items they pay unimaginably high prices, retail + extra. The attitude was its not their hard earned money, take it or leave it, the are not there to save you money.

Circling back to that sales woman, she had made some basic mistakes, she has no background in the building industry, so could not read architect's plan correctly, misquoted us.

The price looked low, we signed the contract, it was not our place to check her work/calculations, not that it was revealed to us in the first place.
Then at a later stage said that the quote is wrong, either make the house smaller or pay more.
We thought it over, and thought ok we will reduce the size as money was a bit tight.
Not only the size was reduced, she started taking out windows and things that were there before. I objected, and remember that short fuse I spoke of, ya that happened.
Then it was a BS process getting out of the contract. We left the deposit with them, did not challenge it as the property was for sale and we'd rather cut losses now, build and sell make the profit, instead of going into a legal mess.

The reason that was given to us was that the plans that we gave did not have the council's stamp on it.
That was the best excuse they could come up with, council's stamp missing, not missing numbers, or measurements, non of that, because we provided them the exact same digital copy of the plans that went to the council.

Long story short, the builder is good so is his brother and son. If I am buying a house and happen to come across one that was built by CSB I'll consider it for purchase. But apart from these three people everyone else in the CSB team are mix of people who do not have your best interest at heart and that is putting it as politely as I can.

And yes, if challenged on my version of the story, I have all the emails that went back and forth, I can produce the lot for public scrutiny.

Regards

Hi all,

I'm currently building with CBS homes and thought I'd put in my 2 cents... I won't say that our experience has been this bad, but I can agree with SOME of the comments. We did have lots of problems at the commencement of our build with contracts (building AND land), misleading information from the Salesman (regarding what we thought were inclusions but were left out of our tender) and poor customer service from some of the ladies in the office. Regardless, we continued on with the process. We have completed our selections, and found that for both internal and external selection process we were essentially forced to agree to upgrades as the 'inclusions' were very outdated and limited (though the tile selection was surprisingly extensive when compared to other inclusions). I won't say exactly what we upgraded, but I will say we chose to upgrade 85% of the internal options (and we really wanted to save money on this aspect but felt we had to, to create a modern home). My advice would be to shop around with different builders and find out what their basic inclusions actually look like (taps, bathroom fittings, sinks, benchtops etc), also question if you have to pay installation fees in addition to the product (as CSB do charge for installation of some fittings when upgrading) and take this into consideration before choosing a builder. We are looking at approximately $30k in upgrades/extra site costs and could have easily spent $50k+ if we wanted to. We could have selected a different builder for a higher upfront fee but saved money on upgrades.

I will also mention that we entered the process and put down our deposit over 12 months ago (land was registered at time of deposit) and we have not yet reached lock up stage - though one of my friend's homes (who entered into a contract after we did with different builder and larger home) has been fully completed and they have moved in. I can't comment on the build/finishes of our home as we have not been allowed onto the site.

Hope everyone's build goes well and ours starts accelerating soon.
Hi, we have already paid our deposit and signed the building contract with CSB homes. I am a little worried after reading some of the comments. Can anyone tell me how much extra they have had to pay for site costs? Im just trying work out how much extra we would have left over for upgrades. Thank you
CM44
PropertyTechnical

Regards

Hi all,

I'm currently building with CBS homes and thought I'd put in my 2 cents... I won't say that our experience has been this bad, but I can agree with SOME of the comments. We did have lots of problems at the commencement of our build with contracts (building AND land), misleading information from the Salesman (regarding what we thought were inclusions but were left out of our tender) and poor customer service from some of the ladies in the office. Regardless, we continued on with the process. We have completed our selections, and found that for both internal and external selection process we were essentially forced to agree to upgrades as the 'inclusions' were very outdated and limited (though the tile selection was surprisingly extensive when compared to other inclusions). I won't say exactly what we upgraded, but I will say we chose to upgrade 85% of the internal options (and we really wanted to save money on this aspect but felt we had to, to create a modern home). My advice would be to shop around with different builders and find out what their basic inclusions actually look like (taps, bathroom fittings, sinks, benchtops etc), also question if you have to pay installation fees in addition to the product (as CSB do charge for installation of some fittings when upgrading) and take this into consideration before choosing a builder. We are looking at approximately $30k in upgrades/extra site costs and could have easily spent $50k+ if we wanted to. We could have selected a different builder for a higher upfront fee but saved money on upgrades.

I will also mention that we entered the process and put down our deposit over 12 months ago (land was registered at time of deposit) and we have not yet reached lock up stage - though one of my friend's homes (who entered into a contract after we did with different builder and larger home) has been fully completed and they have moved in. I can't comment on the build/finishes of our home as we have not been allowed onto the site.

Can I please ask how long it look to have your slab poured, once you had council approval? We are hoping to be eligible for the $25,000 homebuilder grant. Also can I please ask how much extra your site costs were? Thank you
NRC
CM44
PropertyTechnical

Regards

Hi all,

Can I please ask how long it look to have your slab poured, once you had council approval? We are hoping to be eligible for the $25,000 homebuilder grant. Also can I please ask how much extra your site costs were? Thank you

Hi NRC,

Congrats on your grant and good luck with your build and all the process involved.
Liverpool council is really good and the fasttrack application makes it efficient.
I had to wait almost a month for my slab to be poured.

Yes, there are alot of hidden site cost that you have to keep in mind. Dirt removal, cleaning the site preparation for slab you have to do it. I found a lawn maintenance guy and paid him and he clear the site for me.

Where about your building?

Cheers,
Thank you. We are building at Austral.
We are also building with CSB Homes, initial journey was quite smooth and friendly at displayhome but now our build is getting a lot delayed in paperwork and no construction has started yet. Ican relate to most of the points by CM44.

It was nice to see ur build come to reality. Y there is no recent update on your build , We would love to see more updates please.

I'm also curious about approximate how much amount is sitecost as we are working with a very tight budget. Recently there is a bit of dumping on our land as our build is getting delayed.

We have also selected Pghthunder as our Bricks and we would love to see it come to life on your house if you can share pics please.
Hi all,
It's been a while since the last update I did got caught up with other things..
Here is some photos I took showing the bricks we used for our house.. Apparently we are the first ones with CSB homes that have picked this brick colour and I don't regret it. It looks amazing cannot wait to post more internal photos.. Hopefully soon

BTW the downpipes will be painted black and will hopefully blend in with the bricks..

sheisprincess
We are also building with CSB Homes, initial journey was quite smooth and friendly at displayhome but now our build is getting a lot delayed in paperwork and no construction has started yet. Ican relate to most of the points by CM44.

It was nice to see ur build come to reality. Y there is no recent update on your build , We would love to see more updates please.

I'm also curious about approximate how much amount is sitecost as we are working with a very tight budget. Recently there is a bit of dumping on our land as our build is getting delayed.

We have also selected Pghthunder as our Bricks and we would love to see it come to life on your house if you can share pics please.

Ourfirsthomehy
Hi all,
It's been a while since the last update I did got caught up with other things..
Here is some photos I took showing the bricks we used for our house.. Apparently we are the first ones with CSB homes that have picked this brick colour and I don't regret it. It looks amazing cannot wait to post more internal photos.. Hopefully soon

BTW the downpipes will be painted black and will hopefully blend in with the bricks..

sheisprincess

Hello.. I really like your bricks selection.. Could you please tell me what is the name.. Thanks
Related
2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum