Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Mortar mix

Page 1 of 1
Hi Building experts.

I am wondering what I've done wrong to have the mortar in my steps match the house light grey

I'm not sure what the mix they used in the wall was but I'm using the same sand and same brand concrete

I mixed 1 part cement with 2 parts sand and it was very white, changed it to 1 part cement 3 parts sand and it was greyer but still too light

Is there anything you could recommend? I tried to scrub new mortar mix in the gaps but think the mix is still too light

I was thinking of sealing with a concrete sealer as when its wet it looks perfect

Any ideas?
I fixed it...
How?

I'm also wondering where the weep holes are on the house wall.
Related
26/07/2023
Builder used the wrong concrete mix

Building A New House

there is only 20% difference in concrete strength between 20 mpa and 25 mpa, so check with your engineer first if it fits his calculation tolerances. There are ways to…

20/06/2023
San Selmo Reclaimed Original - Mortar Joint

Building A New House

Hi, I am planning to select San Selmo reclaimed original for the fascade of my build. I have seen many photos on line of the brick varying from a rustic to a neat finish.…

1/12/2023
Mortar holes/gaps in a 10yo townhouse - are these bad?

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place - I’m new to the property/building journey (trying to buy my first home) so not sure where/who to go with these sorts of…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum