Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Bath hob tiling and tub not centred as to plan

Page 1 of 1

If this was your house, would you accept this tiling on hob bath. Other thing is the tub is not centred in the hob as per plan. To accept or not?
chanam

If this was your house, would you accept this tiling on hob bath. Other thing is the tub is not centred in the hob as per plan. To accept or not?

I would not accept. Can it be rectified?
What did the builder say?
Nismo
chanam

I would not accept. Can it be rectified?
What did the builder say?

Have yet to raise this with builder via private independant building inspector.
I wouldn't see it as a major problem myself. How do you mean not centred - more room at one end ? Is this for soap etc etc.

I remember we had an argument about tiling in shower areas. Of course they wanted to cut tiles at outlet - diagonal - its easier but looks awful. We only picked up on it at the last minute. They did square and got the angles perfect - it just takes a little more time - but looks so much better.

They also wanted hobs - HOBS - bloody HOBS !!!! I said we're building in the 2000s not the 1900s. No need at all for hobs in showers. Waste of space - looks awful - and is a safety issue. Also creates more edges for leaks.

But - on the picture - I don't see it as an issue I'd go to the wall over.
Related
4/02/2024
Pot filler tap over hob

General Discussion

Hello I'm remodeling my kitchen and evaluating ideas. We are in the last stages of drawing and I am now considering putting a pot filler tap in above the hob. Has anyone…

25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum