Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

After handover

Page 1 of 1
After handover, in order from first to last what should I do first for these:

Fencing, Lightings (Downlights), Internal Wall painting, Tiles to Main areas (Living, Dining, Passage ways), Planks to bedrooms and study, paving, blinds for windows.
Paving - Fencing (fence to keep property safe and paving to avoid dirt coming into the house)
Paint
Tiles, Planks
Downlight
Paint touchup
Blinds (have a lead time, so you will want to order in advance)
IamSAM
Paving - Fencing (fence to keep property safe and paving to avoid dirt coming into the house)
Paint
Tiles, Planks
Downlight
Paint touchup

So you mean to do the paving first then fencing and gate?

The painting are only for the internal walls. No doors, frames or ceiling which will be done during the build. So still go with painting first or downlights first then painting? Not sure if the painter will come back and do touch ups later after floor done. Do they?

For the blinds, should I get measurements done up first before painting stage?
adchew
IamSAM
Paint
Tiles, Planks
Downlight
Paint touchup

So you mean to do the paving first then fencing and gate?

The painting are only for the internal walls. No doors, frames or ceiling which will be done during the build. So still go with painting first or downlights first then painting? Not sure if the painter will come back and do touch ups later after floor done. Do they?

For the blinds, should I get measurements done up first before painting stage?

Basically I meant get landscaping & fencing done together. Particularly between Fencing and Paving - get fencing done first as it requires soil to be dug up. Once fencing is done, get the paving done so the pavers sit aligned with the fence and the floor level/slope etc can be managed properly (as no more digging after)

Downlights vs Painting - Are the wall switches for downlights being done along with the build? If switches will be done along with the downlights then my preference is paint - downlight - touch up. Have it contracted with painter that he will revisit after x days to fix any issues/touch up. Quite normal. Or get 2 coats done before switch install and then call for third coat after all install is done. Don't worry too much about the order downlight vs painting....unless either of the tradie is novice

Blinds take over 4 weeks, so get them measured once the window frame is in place.
Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

10/05/2024
Final Invoice and Key Handover

Building A New House

Hi Need to read your contract about when final payment is received. Clearly outlines what happens. In vic, known defects or incomplete work must be completed before…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum