Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

foundation damage on faulty sprinkler

Page 1 of 1
Hello guys,

The builder installed a faulty sprinkler timer causing water to run continuously for uncertain period of time in the front lawn during construction. The water meter shows 111 kilolitres of water used from the last reading. The lawn is all soggy with plants destroyed.

Can this incident cause foundation damage?

What due diligence do I need to do to ensure the structure is still sound?

Can I have the builder pay the water usage since the incident happened before handover annd I was not at fault?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Water getting into foundation material is never a good thing however you may or may not have damage.
You should have your home properly inspected or assessed to see if anything needs to be done.
What state are you in?
As for water, send the bill and see what happens
building-expert
Water getting into foundation material is never a good thing however you may or may not have damage.
You should have your home properly inspected or assessed to see if anything needs to be done.
What state are you in?
As for water, send the bill and see what happens

Dear building expert,

I am currently in Victoria.

What type of assessor needs to inpect the foundation?

Thank you for you reply.
Any good building consultant should be able to inspect and prepare a report for you.
If you did not have independent inspection during construction it makes sense to have one now for you don't know if anything else is amiss. Or you can call me.
Related
3/12/2023
How much damage to a house before insurance decide to settle

General Discussion

I thought this would be a popular question but I haven't been able to find any similar posts. Perhaps I'm wording my searches wrong? When you have car insurance and the…

15/01/2024
Water damage to new home

Building A New House

there was an event. The question is whether the builder had the insurance and whether the event was covered. The workmanship is a separate conversation.

27/02/2024
roof damage insurance claim

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

The workmanship is lifetime guarantee by "the insurer", not the builder. They will of course ask the initial builder to rectify and if they don't they will appoint…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum